I have read your question and summarized your doubts as following points:
- the content of your app is similar to other apps
- the design of your app is not professional and special
- the quality of your app is not valued
First, I have to declared that analyzing the competitors is an useful method to optimize your app indeed, but you can't imitate all the contents of other apps. About the details of app promotion that you need to do, I will share some effective tips at below:
(1) the Display Name should be short as far as possible.
(2) If your app function is simple, you can use the function as the title. Make a ruler app, for example, you can create the title as ruler, ruler +, xRuler iRuler...And so on. Remembering the goal is to make title appearing in search results easily.
(3) If your app function is complex, you should create a special title of your app.The key is smooth and easy to promote.
(4) you can create a subtitle to explain the feature of your app, which must be clear and attractive.
(5) Put the main keyword in title to increase the search ranking.
When a user find your app on the app stores, the app's icon is undoubtedly the most intuitive and one of the most important element.The user type in the appropriate keywords, the app of the returned list will only display on two elements: the name of the app and its icon.
Some users might read the description of app, and some of the other users may only see the icon, but most people will consider about the two factors at the same time.
Therefore, the icon of your app must be attractive and appealing.Also, the style of the icon must be accord with the style of your app.
the description should be summarized to one sentence to explain the main function of your app
you should pay attention to the first 3 sentences, which can drive people to read more information of your app indirectly.
you can also put the keywords in the description, which can increase the exposure rate of your app.
65%-75% audiences would like to install an app by searching relevant keywords in app stores, so it is necessary to optimize your app keywords with effective ways.
the quality of keywords affects your app ranking. However, promoting the quality of keywords is a tough task, including the relevance, competitive, localization and plural. So, it is necessary to optimize your keywords using some effective ways. If you have enough budget, you can buy keywords search installs from a reliable app store optimization company(asotop1) to promote the search ranking of your app.
screenshots and videos
(1) Screenshots should also be attractive, for it shows the interface of your app directly.
(2) You can add some screenshots of users' review, which can convey the real information and experience of users and attract much more potential users to install your app.
(3) video should be short and interesting, using the dynamic information to introduce your app clearly. Also, you can add the link of your app and other ways of download in the video.
Review serve as an important part of an app, which convey the essential information and real experience of app users. The quality of reviews can decide the installs of your app. The audience would like to choose one app with more positive reviews, indeed, the reviews also influence the installs of your app. So, you can buy app reviews from a reliable app reviews provider(bestreviewapp) to promote your app if you have enough budget.
app promotion is a continuous process for app developers, you have to try your best to optimize your app all the time. Of course, you have to find the most effective methods to help you, combing the own features of your app. Hope this post can help you a lot and good luck to you!