How do you like Android 5.0 Lollipop, then?

• Replies:14
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Nov 25, 2014, 6:32:46 PM via Website

I presume you have all update your smartphones to Android 5.0 Lollipop by now. What? You haven't? Well why not!? :D

I'm just kidding of course, the update has only been shipped out officially to a select few devices (you can check the list here in our Android 5.0 Lollipop update: which phones will get it and when? article)

For those who have you who have it on your device, what are your thoughts so far? Do you like it, do you not like it? Is there anything you really don't like about it?

So far, I really like it. I'm really impressed with the speed of the performance actually. Even on slightly older devices like the Nexus 5. I thought it might hurt performance but it seems pretty smooth. But let me know what you think! :)

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 26, 2014, 3:15:32 PM via Website

Yep, love it. I'm all over the update! I've flashed the factory images on half the Nexuses in the office and I'm keeping my Nexus 5 as a pure (but rooted already) device for general reference. Partially because everyone wants a ''clean'' Nexus 5 here but also because I don't want to spoil the purity of stock Lollipop with anything non-Material Designed.

There are a few things that bug me, most of which we covered in the biggest Android 5.0 Lollipop fails and the roundup of Android 5.0 Lollipop problems (and their solutions), but generally speaking I think it's great. The Nexus 9 had lots of stutters and lags when we first test ran it, but the latest update seems to have smoothed things out, even if I'm not a particular fan of the tablet. But Lollipop on the Nexus 5 is a thing of buttery beauty.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Mel Fox
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 26, 2014, 7:42:00 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

I presume you have all update your smartphones to Android 5.0 Lollipop by now. What? You haven't? Well why not!? :D

I'm just kidding of course, the update has only been shipped out officially to a select few devices (you can check the list here in our [Android 5.0 Lollipop update: which phones will get it and when?][1] article)

For those who have you who have it on your device, what are your thoughts so far? Do you like it, do you not like it? Is there anything you really don't like about it?

So far, I really like it. I'm really impressed with the speed of the performance actually. Even on slightly older devices like the [Nexus 5][2]. I thought it might hurt performance but it seems pretty smooth. But let me know what you think! :)

[1]: https://www.nextpit.com/android-5-0-lollipop-phone-update-news
[2]: https://www.nextpit.com/device/google-nexus-5

I find the lollipop upgrade to be great, I am also using the Battery saver & it works very well

Shawn S.
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 28, 2014, 7:37:52 AM via Website

Hi, I have a nexus 4 that wants to update to 5.0 and I don't know if I should do the update.
If it doesn't run good is it hard to go back to 4.4.4? My phone isn't rooted.
Any Info you can give me will be greatly appreciated...

Thank, shawn

Joe Balbona
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 30, 2014, 5:45:24 PM via Website

I have a Nexus 4 and say take the plunge now. It is cleaner, faster and with better battery life.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 30, 2014, 6:14:00 PM via App

Well, @Joe that's great ! my case is bit different after the update I can't recieve calls because when the popup to pick up or reject a call never appears, instead of it only rings when a call arrives ! :( I hope that soon bug fix update will fix this one up ! but for now I have to make calls to every one calling me .... :(

— modified on Nov 30, 2014, 6:14:16 PM

Zoudan
  • Forum posts: 8

Dec 1, 2014, 10:00:42 AM via Website

I do love it!! LG G3 much faster and visually makeover. Better than it looks in Nexus, where you need to do more gestures to unlock the device. In G3 is limited to 2 notifications to grant enough area to unlock by using your pattern.

Valentin Celac
  • Forum posts: 18

Dec 6, 2014, 12:58:21 PM via Website

Joe Balbona

I have a Nexus 4 and say take the plunge now. It is cleaner, faster and with better battery life.

Oo I have a Nexus 5 with lollipop and battery is more better then kit kat,phone work more faster.

Venmar

Feb 9, 2015, 3:28:57 AM via Website

does One plus one getting a Lollipop update?

Junaid Q.
  • Forum posts: 76

Feb 9, 2015, 6:17:40 AM via App

I will not upgrade my s4 to lolipop 5.0 until it doesn't support Xposed framework. I don't think there is major difference in kitkat and lolipop just new material design and battery saver.I have seen sammobile S4 5.0 update video the 5.0 touch wiz is like S5's, I alredy have ported S5 touchwiz for my s4 (thanks to xda developers). In S4 5.0 everything has white background(settings, contacts,dailer ect) I don't think that it is battery friendly, I also have modded upsm mode for my s4 that turn my screen black and wite ( like old black and white movie ) and greatly save my battery the battery consumption of disply is reduced . I don't think s4 5.0 have upsm mode

so for now no lolipop 🍭 I will stick to kitkat🍫 😊

Nick Rowe
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 9, 2015, 6:49:58 AM via Website

I hate the update. You can't even put your phone on silent.the colour scheme Sucks. Do you know how to unis tall the update?

Nick Rowe
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 10, 2015, 6:53:30 AM via Website

I don't like it at all. I have a s5.
The colour scheme is terrible in the settings section. It's taken up a huge amount of space and I can't even turn my phone to silent. That button has gone. Vibrate or sound only now.
is there a way to unis tall it?

Jesper Nielsen
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 24, 2015, 8:11:00 AM via Website

I like it fine so far, but then again I have nothing to compare it to since this G3 is my first smartphone and it was born with Lollipop.

Lisa K

Apr 14, 2015, 4:04:16 AM via Website

I just downloaded the lollipop update and HATE it. Biggest problem for me is the battery. I was able to turbo charge my battery in under an hour and it would last me to almost 2 days. Now it takes over 4 hours to charge and it drains by the minute, holding a charge for maybe 6 hours. Now I'm not a computer whiz but I'm no dummy either. I've powered down, taken the battery out, made sure no apps were running, no Google voice search running... I just want my original software back!!! How can I do that??? Please!

Christine Weaver-Cimala

Christine Weaver-Cimala

Apr 15, 2015, 4:39:01 PM via Website

I would like to know also PLEASE as above mentioned Lisa K. Battery is dying FAST! And my saver is on!.....Having the EXACT same problem & can not find the answer anywhere on the web!

— modified on Apr 15, 2015, 4:40:54 PM