Samsung Galaxy S4 — How to phyiscally Hard Reset a Galaxy S4?

• Replies:8
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 8

Dec 6, 2014, 6:07:19 PM via Website

Hey guys,

My phone is stuck in a boot loop... can't turn it on and I can't access the recovery mode. I went to a repair shop, and they said if they hard reset it, it should fix the problem... and I was like, well how are you gonna do that if the phone isn't switching on, and you can't access recovery mode? They said that there is a way they could do it physically or something, without needing actual software access, but that it's gonna cost me 45 Euros!

Now my question is, how could I do that my self and save 45 Euros... is it possible?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Dec 6, 2014, 6:33:53 PM via Website

can you access the download mode ?
Vol down + power key + home button

if you can't buy a USB JIg ( 4-5 eur) they force a Samsung device into download mode so you can flash firmware over Odin and restore it to working order.

Ready To Help You.

Deactivated Account

Dec 6, 2014, 6:36:09 PM via Website

Sanjai Joseph

can you access the download mode ?
Vol down + power key + home button

if you can't buy a USB JIg ( 4-5 eur) they force a Samsung device into download mode so you can flash firmware over Odin and restore it to working order.

Thanks for the reply. I can access Download mode, however, as soon as I press Volume up or Down, the phone just simply restarts and the same problem repeats.

Brett Hermance

Dec 7, 2014, 11:08:15 PM via Website

Did you try taking the battery out for a few seconds before doing it again? :-)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Dec 8, 2014, 12:54:23 AM via Website

Rudy_Eila

Thanks for the reply. I can access Download mode, however, as soon as I press Volume up or Down, the phone just simply restarts and the same problem repeats.

Have you tried emergency firmware recovery from kies ?

Ready To Help You.

Deactivated Account

Dec 9, 2014, 9:02:41 PM via Website

Brett Hermance

Deactivated Account

Dec 9, 2014, 9:04:33 PM via Website

Sanjai Joseph

Rudy_Eila

Have you tried emergency firmware recovery from kies ?

Kies was unable to detect the phone, only Odin... I flashed the stock ROM on there, and apparently that was successful. I went to a phone repair ship, and they didn't really check the phone, but I told them everything I did, and they said it might be a boot loader problem, and they said, if that was the case, I might as well throw it in the trash... nothing to be done.

Rudy_Eila

Brett Hermance

Haha of course! That was the first thing I did... I even left the battery out over night once... I also drained the battery all the way to 0, and then tried to start the phone all over again..

praba
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 23, 2015, 10:39:33 AM via Website

HI

My samsung s4 also having rebooting, keeps reboot, even if after connect the charger also not detected by pc. Please need help

Jaco Botha
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 31, 2015, 8:11:46 PM via Website

praba

HI

My samsung s4 also having rebooting, keeps reboot, even if after connect the charger also not detected by pc. Please need help

I had the same problem, my phone was stuck in a boot-loop, but when I removed the battery and put it back, the phone would automatically switch on and then reboot and continue the loop. At first I thought it was a firmware/os problem, but as soon as I booted to the recovery mode the phone would reset and just continue the loop. After some searching on various forums and tech pages…a thought occurred to me…
Long story short, the power button somehow got stuck, so maybe something like that