[Game Review] Archer Reveng

• Replies:0
Viguys Entertaiin
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 9, 2014, 12:26:40 PM via Website

Description: Archer Revenge is a game for Android that features mechanics similar to that of Angry Birds and other similar games however, instead of harming pigs, you’re freeing captured animals. The story behind Archer Revenge is that The Monster Lord has spewed evil monsters all over the Kingdom and they’ve tied up the poor and defenseless animals, leaving it up to you to free them. Using your bow and arrow to free Animals from their capture through 130 challenging levels, you take on the role of Robincat and are charged with freeing your citizens from evil. Read on to see what we thought of the game.

How it Works: Just like other games on Android, you’ll need to [download Archer Revenge][2] from the Play Store before you can start freeing citizens. There’s an introduction to the story of the game when you first open up Archer Revenge.

After that, you’ll be asked to input a name for your profile on the game and then you can get started.
When you first start playing, you’ll be introduced to the control scheme at first.

The general gameplay isn’t that difficult, and you are given a good amount of arrows to complete each level, but they do quickly become fairly challenging.

This level for instance, took me quite a while to get my head around, but after a while I realized that I didn’t to destroy the ice platform in order to move Robincat.

At the end of each level, your high score will be added to the leaderboard on your device, and you can always redo the level to try and beat it.

For players that might need a little help, there’s an option to view solution if you have enough coins to unlock it, and this helped me get past that tricky level.

One reason to keep on playing Archer Revenge would be the ability to earn achievements as you play along, giving you goals to reach as you play the game.

Another similar reason to keep on playing would be the inclusion of a scoreboard which is a nice nod to arcade games of old, and should give players the opportunity to try and aim for higher scores each time they play.

Opinion: The similarities between Archer Revenge and Angry Birds are of course, inevitably noticeable, but that doesn’t mean Archer Revenge isn’t a fun game. It’s got a lot going for it and while it’s not something that a console gamer like myself would take to, I can see younger players really enjoying their time with this. After all, it’s challenging enough for little one, but it’s not too difficult, which gives them a good challenge without the frustration that can often come with it. I do wish that there were more to the game, as freeing animals does get pretty repetitive, but with 130 levels on offer and some tricky puzzles to wrap your head around I don’t see people getting fed up with Archer Revenge too quickly. Especially if they’re looking to play a game with their young children, too.

Ratings

Speed (4/5) – Archer Revenge ran fine on my Nexus 9 and there were no issues with how it ran, either.
Features (3.5/5) – A little light on features, Archer Revenge will feel familiar to anyone that’s played an Angry Birds game in the past, but it is approachable for younger players.
Theme (3.5/5) – The cartoon drawings are nice and look good, I just wish there were more going on in the background.
Overall (3.5/5) – While I can’t see many serious gamers taking to Archer Revenge, I can see it being a hit with kids and families.
Pros

Works well on Android tablets for kids.
No clumsy controls to learn, just pull and shoot, that’s it.
Robincat is a cool character for kids to follow.
Completely free to play.
Cons

While the game is in English there are some typos and grammatical errors in the onscreen prompts.
Might seem too familiar for Angry Birds fans.
Conclusion: While it won’t be for everyone, Archer Revenge is a decent game for young ones to play, especially as the controls are so easy to get to grips with and Robincat is a really fun character to play as. There’s a way to take a look at the solution for a level if you’re stuck and it’s completely free to play, giving parents peace of mind. An altogether decent offering, Archer Revenge is a fun game that doesn’t ask too much of its players.
play .google. com/store/apps/details?id=com.viguys.archer
Offical Site: viguysentertainment. com