Nexus 5 has been discontinued

• Replies:6
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 598

Dec 11, 2014 1:16:23 PM via Website

In case you hadn't heard, the Nexus 5 has been discontinued. We thought the Nexus 5 would stick around for a while longer, with just the red and white ones being abandoned. Unfortunately it seems like this is not the case, all models, including the black one, are being ended. :(

It's a sad time for the Nexus 5, but I'm sure it's still got lots of Android Lollipop updates to look forward to in the future.

Here's to you, Nexus 5.

• Forum posts: 746

Dec 11, 2014 5:27:51 PM via Website

Strange decision in my opinion unless there's a smaller Nexus phone in the works, or maybe an updated 5. But to rely totally on a niche market phablet (try saying that after a few beers...) implies that their focus may be shifting to other technologies. In the short term I'm not too bothered as I'll be keeping my Nexus for the next 6 months at least, but after that I really don't want to go back to a manufacturer skinned phone. The Nexus 6 may look an attractive purchase then...

Sinkster

• Forum posts: 598

Dec 12, 2014 5:44:37 PM via Website

sinkster

Strange decision in my opinion unless there's a smaller Nexus phone in the works, or maybe an updated 5. But to rely totally on a niche market phablet (try saying that after a few beers...) implies that their focus may be shifting to other technologies.

Exactly. I thought there was still rumor for both the Nexus 5 and Nexus 6. Apparently not. :(

• Forum posts: 1

Dec 29, 2014 9:01:35 PM via Website

That's why the N5 is going for double the purchase price on EBAY, AMAZON, etc. I have the N5 and love it. I did order the N6 due to the larger screen and storage room, but the N5 was a bargain from Google...............

• Forum posts: 1

Jan 12, 2015 11:17:52 PM via Website

Only the red and white Nexus 5's have been discontinued. They are still sparatically restocking them in black. I know this because I just recieved mine today. :)

• Forum posts: 3

Mar 30, 2016 11:00:39 PM via Website

Perhaps perhaps not! I just upgraded mine to Android 6.0.1 and it runs like a bullet! So now testing 3 different launchers to see what I'll use 2016...great phone!