Samsung Galaxy S Duos — Sudden decrease in battery

• Replies:5
DHARMIN SHAH
  • Forum posts: 9

Dec 21, 2014, 9:14:22 PM via App

When my ram starts to fill up i normally restart my phone, but sometimes the battery which is at 79% suddenly comes down to 25-28%. Need help.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Dec 22, 2014, 4:31:00 PM via Website

Well, @Dharmin that looks like the problem is somewhere at the battery, maybe you should get a new battery purchased. I have also ran down over to such situation but when I get my battery replaced the problem vanished ! So, I doubt it might be the battery (thinking)

DHARMIN SHAH
  • Forum posts: 9

Dec 23, 2014, 2:31:59 PM via Website

John F.

Well, @Dharmin that looks like the problem is somewhere at the battery, maybe you should get a new battery purchased. I have also ran down over to such situation but when I get my battery replaced the problem vanished ! So, I doubt it might be the battery (thinking)

well my battery is original , so was it an inbuilt defect and it normally happens when the back of my phone gets hot or memory fills up about 90%. So should a battery change do the thing??

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Dec 23, 2014, 3:48:58 PM via Website

Well now things makes sense if your device battery is new then I don't think its battery you yourself said that your device gets hot when RAM fills upto 90% and there's no doubt that device getting hotter means more battery drain. I would suggest you to first try removing the heavy apps down which is filling up your device RAM maybe your should try a complete factory reset at first (don't forget to backup your data if you are moving forward with the factory resetting)and check if that solves the problem. But still if it doesn't then better option would be taking it to the servicing center to know what's going on ! :)

Daniel Au
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 24, 2014, 10:05:39 AM via Website

You might also want to try a battery cycling by draining the battery completely and then charging it up completely.

Brett Hermance

User Aaron
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 12, 2015, 4:50:19 PM via Website

I also tried doing that one but still my phone is running out of battery too fast. I wonder what the problem is.