Samsung Galaxy S4 — Does international version of S4 being used in Canada impact Whatsapp ability to download media?

• Replies:3
mchu17
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 4, 2015, 6:50:05 AM via Website

First time user here but I'm at a lost of what is going on with my parent's phone. I bought them an unlocked international version of the Samsung S4 (I9500) and everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT getting any media to download in Whatsapp. I've looked at all the Whatsapp thread and one of the potential issue can be date/time settings. Since this is an international phone, I'm curious whether that impacts the ability for Whatsapp to communicate with its servers? Parents phone are on Rogers so it is getting the date/time automatically from the network so I think it's a long shot, but posting it here to see if this is the potential problem.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jan 4, 2015, 7:33:18 AM via Website

Hey @mchu17 welcome over here ! :) Yes you are correct time and date settings can impact whatsapp functionality but I don't think its the case with you be as you already speak that time and date are automatically modified by your service providers ! What you can try doing is clearing the cache and the data stored by the WhatsApp, for that head over to the settings>application manager>swipe left to all>Look out for whatsapp and tap over it>clear the the cache and the data stored. Once done try opening the whatsapp configure it and see if now you can download media from whatsapp ! :)

mchu17

Jan 4, 2015, 8:14:53 AM via Website

I've tried that, but not sure whether I reinstalled it first or cleared cache first. I'll try it again once I get their phones tomorrow to do more troubleshooting.

mchu17

Jan 5, 2015, 8:02:38 AM via Website

Sorry, it didn't work. Still cannot download any media :(