Samsung Galaxy S — modified s4 can't update software

• Replies:6
Marlene Thompson
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 5, 2015, 4:02:41 PM via Website

my had sister in law bought a Samsung s4 I believe it to be one that is for an international network she did not realize that It been modified so we are unable to update the software and even when I try to do a hard reset I get the little droid robot logo and it says its installing the program but it never does anything further please help
It is an i9505 1 for TMobile.
If it can be sold for use we are open to do that too. Of course, we wouldn't hide the issue from a buyer like it was hidden from her.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jan 5, 2015, 4:27:46 PM via Website

Well, @Marlene Thompson if the problem is because of the modified device then I would say we can always unroot the device by flashing stock firmware back in place, but here what I would like to tell you is as you have purchased a device which is modified previously means you can't claim warranty over the Samsung support. So, I would advise you to better head back over to the place where you purchase it from ask for a replacement. (angry) And if that isn't the option available right now and plan on unrooting the device by flashing the device with stock ROM then let me know I'll guide you with the.... ! :)

Junaid Q.
  • Forum posts: 76

Jan 7, 2015, 8:31:22 AM via App

If ur device is rooted than it will show that ur device is modified no software update available
If ur device is still rooted u can use xposed framework and wannam xposed
activate wannam framework module and reboot
open wannam xposed go to security hack select FAKE SYSTEM STATUS
( this will give fake system status from custom to officiall )and u wil get all software update available for ur device, and u can even enjoy root access #

OR

Try flash ur device with official version of ur device go to ur settings - about device -
note ur baseband version and search it on google u will get ur official frimware
and flash it with odin search on google for more details

— modified on Jan 7, 2015, 12:26:42 PM

Josh Jines
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 31, 2015, 10:20:53 PM via Website

If you have time I would like help setting my phone back to factory . I am new to DROID and as of now can't get software update or Google play

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Feb 1, 2015, 11:15:28 AM via Website

Josh Jines

If you have time I would like help setting my phone back to factory . I am new to DROID and as of now can't get software update or Google play

follow the post #2 and #3 . It will help you to factory reset your device

Ready To Help You.

Robert Nesta Marley
  • Forum posts: 39

Feb 1, 2015, 12:51:17 PM via Website

so sad but the option you have opted is logical and does make sense all the best

Danish Murtaza
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 29, 2016, 7:38:15 PM via Website

I just bought an I9505 , it has everything right but it does not shows any software update option in settings. It is not rooted (apparently , and i don't know how to check).I checked board which is geniun too. How to unlock that option