How do I save (send to email) an old conversation I had on my Samsung Galaxy s2, after verifying whatsapp on my new phone already?

• Replies:5
denhaagnl
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 21, 2015, 2:44:59 PM via Website

I bought a new phone (oneplus one) and I already verified my new whatsapp account on that phone. Can I still get back my old conversations that are on my Samsung galaxy s2? I need one specific conversation that I had on my old phone. I want to send that conversation to my email. However, when I go to my old phone, I can not watch my conversations in there. I need to verify it first.

How do I save (send to email) an old conversation I had on my Samsung Galaxy s2, after verifying whatsapp on my new phone already? I never deleted my old whatsapp conversations on my Galaxy s2, but never back-up'd it either.. Everything is still on my S2 (I hope).

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jan 21, 2015, 3:11:26 PM via Website

Well, you can backup up all of the conversation from your old phone (S2) to a new phone (One Plus One) in an easy manner have a look over the post located over here How to transfer whatsapp converstation to new devices. :)

PS: Before moving forward make sure that you head over to the Settings>Application Manager>Swipe Left to all>Look out for WhatsApp tap over it and clear the cache and the data store. Once you did that don't open the whatsapp and follow the whole process mentioned at the above post.:)

denhaagnl

Jan 21, 2015, 3:27:24 PM via Website

Thnx a lot!

Is it a problem when I never back-up'd? Do I need to get in my whatsapp on my old phone first (and verify that one to get in my old messages on that old phone) and back-up from there first? I didn't back-up my whatsapp on old phone before verifying whatsapp on the new phone that I use now. However, I didn't delete any data of old phone either..

To make it understandable:
1) I didn't back up my whatsapp on old phone (S2).
2) I bought a new phone and opened and verified whatsapp.
3) Now I need a conversation that I had on that old phone (S2).
4) How do I get that conversation (as any readable file) to my computer?
5) (when I try to open whatsapp in old phone (S2) Whatsapp asks for a verification)
6) Do I first need to verify on my old phone (S2) to create a backup there? Or is that possible anyway?

Sorry for the complexity of all this.. But conversation means the world to me at this point. Thnx in advance.

denhaagnl

Jan 21, 2015, 3:38:05 PM via Website

No I didn't uninstall my whatsapp on my old phone. I just didn't back up. I know that in the beginning (after verifying whatsapp on my new phone) I could still see all my conversations at my old phone. But later when I checked it, it asked for a verification.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jan 21, 2015, 3:49:48 PM via Website

Okay, looks like that this one is going to be tricky head over to the My Files>WhatsApp>Databases you will see file stored like eg: msgstore-2015-01-20.1.db.crypt8, now copy the one which you think can have all the backup it could be of a day back or .... here you are going to need a little luck ! Try using it and see if it can get your conversation back. :)