What's up with the WhatsApp ban? The WhatsApp lockout of WhatsApp plus users

• Replies:2
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jan 21, 2015, 6:15:03 PM via Website

We reported on the WhatsApp lockout of WhatsApp Plus users earlier today.

The devs behind WhatsApp Plus have now let us know that they have received a cease and desist letter from WhatsApp and have no choice but to shut down their service.

So why is WhatsApp doing this? And what happens next? We've compiled a full breakdown of the situation and what it all means that you can read in our article about WhatsApp and WhatsApp Plus: everything you need to know about the lockout.

But we also want to know what you think is happening.

Is this part of a monetization strategy that Facebook has planned for WhatsApp in the near future? Is it all a big coincidence? Has their been some third-party security breaches that have affected WhatsApp's brand image?

You tell us what you think is behind this new move and what your next steps are if you've been affected by the lockout.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

geosep houilston
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 7, 2018, 4:14:18 PM via Website

fui banido do gbwhatsapp.já passam de três dias.algúem pode me dizer o que fazer pra recuprar meu número,se é temporariamente???

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 8, 2018, 12:09:19 PM via Website

Facebook purchased WhatsApp, In a age old business tactic to eliminate their competition! They have been making WhatsApp malfunction so users will become frustrated and go back to using Facebook.
I was in business classes in college, and we learned about this type of tactic in beginners class.
The third party breech is just their way of justifying the shutdown (probably a bare face lie).
With all the problems users have recently with WhatsApp, well I saw this coming a couple of month ago!
I suggest what users should do is to call Facebook customer support tell them if they don't fix WhatsApp that you will stop using Facebook as well!
And here's a heads up!
Facebook is either trying to or all ready has purchased Instagram. And they will probably do the same thing to it in the future!

— modified on Nov 8, 2018, 12:55:55 PM