Can't seem to root

• Replies:2
Cyclic
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 29, 2015, 8:05:50 PM via Website

Hello,

A few years ago i was able to root my previous phone which was a galaxy S1. I have recently bought a galaxy S4 that is currently running on 4.4.4 and have tried many different ways of rooting but to no avail. Does anyone know a working method for rooting an S4 on this firmware. Thanks

David G.
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 31, 2015, 6:05:05 PM via Website

Cyclic

Hello,

A few years ago i was able to root my previous phone which was a galaxy S1. I have recently bought a galaxy S4 that is currently running on 4.4.4 and have tried many different ways of rooting but to no avail. Does anyone know a working method for rooting an S4 on this firmware. Thanks

I originally rooted my Sprint Galaxy S5 (S900P) with Towelroot (4.4.2) but lost root when Sprint sent out an OTA upgrading it to 4.4.4 that I unwittingly installed (OOOH NOOOO) which Towelroot does not work on. I recently re-rooted 4.4.4 using Chainfire's Odin based "Automatic" root method which of course blows the KNOX e-fuse but at this point I don't care. Sprint can't support me anyway, I'm almost out of warranty and if something happens to my phone (very doubtful) I have insurance (damn thing will "just happen" to fall out of my car window at 70 mph). I also DO NOT WANT Lolipoop 5.X and rooting is the only way to stop Sprint from sending me another OTA I don't want. Here is where you can get to Chainfire's autoroot --> forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2696537 It works with Galaxy S1,2,3,4 and 5 for Verizon, AT&T and Sprint Phones as well as Note, Note 2, Note 3 and lot's of other stuff. BTW, if you use this to get root please donate a buck or two to Chainfire. We all appreciate the hard work and would like it to continue for newer phones and newer versions of Android. BTW, Kingo no longer works either but they are working on a fix. No telling when or if they will get it to work without blowing the KNOX. :-)

Cyclic
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 28, 2015, 8:37:07 PM via Website

Thanks for the advice david i'll give it a try and post if i have success