Samsung Galaxy S3 — My phone fell in snow?

• Replies:7
Minialpaca
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 1, 2015, 7:03:22 AM via Website

So yesterday, my phone fell in snow. However, I have those magnetic cases and it fell face down, so almost all the snow has been evaded.

The phone screen is cracked, but the plastic screen protecter covers all the cracks and it's only externally cracked, so it can't really seep in. I did hear a crackle for a second while listening to music, but it stopped completely and i fell like it'd be a coincidence because apparently it happens to other people with S3's? Am I wrong?

It charges normally, in fact, everything works normally.

For precaution, I did put it in rice, but that was after 24 hours and I didn't turn off my phone, so I'm kind of worried.

The only place snow could've gotten in is the back speaker and the charging point, but I dried it with my breath, so I think it's okay.

Just in case, I want to hear if you think it's fine. The water damage stickers are pure white too. Everything's normal, so do you think I'm being paranoid?

I also want to add that the phone didn't turn off either. Just in case. It fell when I was making a snow angel so there wasn't much snow either.

— modified on Mar 1, 2015, 7:12:10 AM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 1, 2015, 8:02:56 AM via Website

Well, if your device is still working great like it previously was then I would say your phone has survived and congratz :D for that but just for a matter of precaution do get your device checked (I didn't mean to freak you out over here but) sometimes the worst effect starts after a while. (thinking). Although I don't think that there is much of the reason to worry about ;) also next time if something like this happens then do make sure that you turn the device switch off immediately and do remove the battery before putting it for rice soaking(Much better if you can put your device inside a box of silica get as it yields faster and better results than rice soaking) :)

Minialpaca

Mar 1, 2015, 8:06:23 AM via Website

How long would it take if it's water damaged?

Anyways, thank you for the advice. I couldn't find the silica bags, so yeah :D

Hopefully it isn't. Just in case, I backed up important stuff

Lalit
  • Admin

Mar 1, 2015, 8:55:05 AM via Website

Well, in you take your device to professionals they are going to open up your whole device and wash it with their own special liquid mostly alcohol, and at the later stage they dried the device using blower and all !! So, there isn't something serious you will get your device in a day or two but if the problem is more than normal then it will take time. :)

Yeah ! Backing up your data is actually a good idea to remain at the safe side.

Minialpaca

Mar 1, 2015, 8:57:47 AM via Website

Sorry, I worded my question vaguely. I meant how long will it take for the EFFECTS to show on my phone if it's water damaged :D

Lalit
  • Admin

Mar 1, 2015, 9:56:09 AM via Website

Well @Minialpaca, that's something which I can't actually comment over it, I would just say if things are working fine for you then there isn't anything to worry about ! :D I was actually telling the thing because I something like this has happened with me but I would say that doesn't seems to be the case with you ! :)

Alias Marne
  • Forum posts: 98

Mar 4, 2015, 2:45:38 PM via Website

It's good news that your phone is working well. But you need to be over confirm about this. If there is any water inside the phone this can damage your phone.

Alias Marne
  • Forum posts: 98

Mar 7, 2015, 3:37:56 PM via Website

Minialpaca

Sorry, I worded my question vaguely. I meant how long will it take for the EFFECTS to show on my phone if it's water damaged :D

If you want to see the effects on your phone then you should wait for some times. Because you can't see the effects instantly.