Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — Lollipop 5.0.1 Update SD Card issues

• Replies:4
Slchey
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 26, 2015, 6:51:49 PM via Website

Hello,
After installing the software update last night my phone states Preparing SD card checking for errors. I've rebooted my phone, checked the SD card to my computer to see if that was the issue, replaced it with another SD card & still no luck. Is anyone else experiencing this after the update? I don't want to go through the hassle of doing a manufacture reset and re-downloading all my apps etc. HELP please :'( even spoke with a representative from Samsung live chat representative & they were on no assistance.

Slchey
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 27, 2015, 1:54:12 AM via Website

Fixed it! Had to do a factory reset without the SD card in the phone. After factory reset was done, I inserted the SD card and the phone recognized it.

— modified on Mar 27, 2015, 1:54:56 AM

Viraj Baraskar

Viraj Baraskar
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 3, 2015, 11:52:48 AM via Website

thnx mate....that really helped me...was petrified when I saw my 128GB card wasn't recognized by my phones., but now I can access all the data...thnx once again :-) bless you

bernalrichard@sina.com
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 18, 2016, 7:47:37 AM via Website

Hello Slchey,
There's various reasons account for your situation. Make sure that your SD card card clean and is in good situation, and then check if metal wires in the card slot get rusty and twisted. Try checking both your phone & SD card, you will get you SD card detected by Android.

MIKALAI RAMANAU
  • Forum posts: 13

Jan 19, 2016, 11:13:46 AM via Website

Nice!