Samsung Galaxy S4 Active — resetting APN settings

• Replies:13
em pires
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 28, 2015, 1:12:41 AM via Website

I bought an unlocked Samsung Galaxy s4 i19500 .Can you tell me where I can find the information to change the APN setting so I can receive pictures and downloads? Straight Talk is saying I need to edit and put them in (instead of AT&T) in order to receive downloads and pictures, as of now I can't open the APN to make the necessary changes, the screen is grey and I can't open it and I can't seem to locate any information on how to preform the task. I would really appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you!

— modified on Mar 28, 2015, 1:39:12 AM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 28, 2015, 1:01:47 PM via Website

On the APN settings page (where they are greyed out) what happens when you press the menu button?

Sinkster

em pires

Mar 28, 2015, 2:38:19 PM via Website

discard, when i press that it returns to the APNs page and it says ATT Phone with a green dot next to it

em pires

Mar 28, 2015, 2:39:23 PM via Website

i also pressed reset to default it said it is resetting but continues to show ATT phone, nothing happens

sinkster

Mar 28, 2015, 2:51:23 PM via Website

Ok, go to settings, about phone, and tap build number several times (it should say 'you are n steps away from being a developer' until it says you are now a developer. Then go to settings, connections, more networks, mobile networks, apn setting, menu and add the APN and save.

Sinkster

Mikeka Garcia

em pires

Mar 28, 2015, 3:11:05 PM via Website

WOW...you are a genius!! It's all set, getting all my pictures and downloads! Thank you so much for all your help, can't begin to tell you how frustrated I've been for the past few days trying to find someone to help me with this...... I am now a loyal member of this forum! Thanks again!

sinkster

Mar 28, 2015, 3:58:08 PM via Website

Glad I could help ;).

Sinkster

C Dominique Davis
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 29, 2015, 1:31:28 AM via Website

I'm glad to hear that you're able to use your mms. Can you please share with me the apn settings you used. I've been trying to get my fiancee's phone to work for days and I've only been able to get her internet working... no mms :(

LaTonya Rogers

Oct 28, 2015, 8:30:27 PM via Website

I'm having the same problem and did what you said about the build number but i still cant add an apn.

Christine Schultz Rendleman

Apr 3, 2016, 4:14:13 AM via Website

I tried tap on the build number several times but nothing happens. I am having the same problem SAMSUNG GALAXY EXPRESS SGH-1437 person before me on here and I need help.

Heidi Mohrlang
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 15, 2017, 12:45:13 AM via Website

Didn't work on my Samsung Galaxy S4 modekSCH-I545

Heidi Mohrlang

May 26, 2017, 7:47:35 AM via Website

still doesn't let me add APN

sarah

Jul 6, 2018, 3:28:30 PM via Website

can you pls help me dear

sarah

Jul 6, 2018, 3:31:16 PM via Website

i am having samsung s4 mini and i dont have access piont name on it and can you help me find it pls