Motorola Moto G — Rom Installation

• Replies:3
Thiago
  • Forum posts: 122

Apr 4, 2015, 5:35:43 AM via App

Hey guys, I know this question may be a little be stupid but I really need to know before I make any mistake. Well, I'm about to flash the Cyanogenmod 12 Nigthly version on My moto G 1st gen. So I'd like to know how can I go back to my previous version ( which actually is Lollipop 5.0.2) if any problem happen with Cyanogenmod. I just need to flash the stock rom?

Thank you in advance.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 4, 2015, 8:44:17 AM via App

You should backup your current ROM with recovery so you can restore it to that point if anything goes wrong or you simply don't like cm12. Generally, flashing any ROM requires you to wipe data (you can't flash a cm ROM over stock data and vice versa), so if you don't backup you'll end up having to effectively factory reset your phone.

Sinkster

Vaisak V
  • Forum posts: 17

Oct 3, 2015, 5:44:51 PM via Website

Thiago

Hey guys, I know this question may be a little be stupid but I really need to know before I make any mistake. Well, I'm about to flash the Cyanogenmod 12 Nigthly version on My moto G 1st gen. So I'd like to know how can I go back to my previous version ( which actually is Lollipop 5.0.2) if any problem happen with Cyanogenmod. I just need to flash the stock rom?

Thank you in advance.

make a backup rom

Abhinav
  • Forum posts: 76

Nov 18, 2015, 1:26:41 PM via App

let me guess

I think you are using twrp recovery for flashing cm 12

on that twrp recovery
there is a option for backup

make a backup of our current rom from there
after back up , a zip file will be created on your memory card

copy that zip file to your pc (for safety)

now if you want to revert back to original rom
just flaah that zip again