Google Nexus 7 (2013) — Locked up Nexus 7 2013

• Replies:4
Don Markham
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 8, 2015, 1:29:26 PM via Website

I have a nexus 7 2013 that froze while using it and now will only display "Google" on the screen. I'm looking for suggestions as to how to unfreeze it.

Thanks for any suggestions

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 8, 2015, 2:08:10 PM via Website

Your best bet is to perform a reset, Kris posted a how-to here.

Sinkster

Don Markham
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 9, 2015, 12:46:37 AM via Website

Thanks for the link. I was able to do the hard reset but it has not worked. After the data wipe, I get a whole screen of error's as shown i nthe screen shot.

Any suggestions on how to fix it or is it totally dead???

Thanks for the help.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 9, 2015, 1:15:19 AM via Website

OK, looks like a corrupted partition. There's still a few options though. You need to install ADB/fastboot to your PC; in linux based systems there's an installer available in the software centre and it's a 20 second job while in windows it used to take hours to download the relevant dev kits, but there's a 15 sec installer here. It simply provides a DOS-like interface with your android device so you can
flash .img files or transfer files to and from the computer. Download the factory image for your device from here (make sure it's the exact one) and follow the instructions. It will write over everything so if you have any important files on your nexus open ADB and use the pull command to transfer them eg:

adb pull \sdcard/Download/tr.apk

(notice the slash format)

I'm off to bed for now, if you're uncomfortable with any part of the process I'll be back on tomorrow am ;)

— modified on Apr 9, 2015, 1:18:21 AM

Sinkster

ronandrew
  • Forum posts: 21

Apr 14, 2015, 12:49:20 PM via Website

Reset your device