Samsung Galaxy S4 — Issue With 5.0.1 (Galaxy S4)

• Replies:4
Gilles Bauche
  • Forum posts: 1

May 4, 2015, 2:01:24 AM via Website

Not sure if there is already a forum for this, but...

I recently updated my S4 to 5.0.1 (Lollipop, I believe) and I quickly noticed that my existing folders on my homescreen were still there, however, I now don't have the option to add folders (I can add apps and widgets, but no folders). Has anyone encountered this? If so, is there a way to fix the issue?

Thanks,
Gilles.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

May 4, 2015, 4:46:48 AM via Website

Not yet faced.

Julie
  • Forum posts: 15

May 4, 2015, 11:07:33 PM via Website

I changed my launcher to Nova Launcher and have no issues. This launcher was recommended by AndroidPit and it works excellent with Lollipop 5.0.1. FYI - I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 & S4

— modified on May 4, 2015, 11:08:17 PM

charles d.
  • Forum posts: 33

May 11, 2015, 7:05:06 AM via Website

Did You start your phone once after proper shutting down it.Please also keep in mind that if it asked for updates so please update.it will work smoothly..

Dariahna
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 8, 2015, 5:05:20 AM via Website

Put an app icon you want on the page you want. Then move it up towards the 'trash bin'. You'll then see an option at the top left that pops up and shows an icon that says 'create folder'. Move the icon into it, and then you can see it show up on the page you're on, and add additional apps and title the folder. Hope that helps and that the instructions aren't too confusing :-)