HTC Desire 816 stuck at Bootscreen

• Replies:3
Selena
  • Forum posts: 2

May 27, 2015, 5:25:59 AM via Website

Hey guys,
I need some help with this phone, I'm an amateur with phones so i've never rooted it or tried customizing it anything like that. It's been just a little less than a year since I got it and for the first time I did a system update on it because a notification gave me that option to, and just 3 days after the update, my phone ran out of batteries, died, tried charging it and turning it on again, but it's stuck at boot screen, and after approx. 20 secs, the screen goes black again.
I held the vol. down button+power button, to select the option to perform a factory reset, it doesnt work and just goes to the htc logo boot screen, then black.
I've also tried going to recovery and reboot the system, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, none of these worked either.
However, there are a bunch of yellow writing at the bottom of the recovery screen, which I hope will provide some info to what the problem might be cus I don't understand any of it.

E:missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg (Code -1)
E:missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_yes (Code -1)
E:missing bitmap oem_unlock_bg_no (Code -1)
handle_cota_install: install cwpkg to / ata/data/cwtemp/cwpkg.zip
handle_cota_install: install cwpkg to / ata/data/cwtemp/cw. prop
E:failed to mount/data (Invalid argument).. try emmc mount
handle_cota_install: Can't mount /data/ata/cwtemp/cwpkg.zip, 5169636 times
E:failed closing /dev/block/platform/ms_sdcc.1/by-name/misc
(I/0 error)

and this is my hboot info
* Software Status: Official
* LOCKED***
A5_DUG PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.13.3230.27.0303
OpenDSP-v27.2.2.00546.0311
OS-2.34.708.1
eMMC boot 1536MB
Mar 19 2015, 14:41:48.0

If there is a solution, I might need step by step instructions to follow lol x)
Thanks!

Chad_Higgins
  • Forum posts: 41

May 27, 2015, 11:19:47 PM via Website

Your with virgin mobile right i am with my 816. just call them and they will send you a new one. i did it. they might try to charge you like $20. but its worth it for a new 816 right?

Selena
  • Forum posts: 2

May 27, 2015, 11:43:38 PM via Website

No, I'm with Rogers. But the thing is, I got the phone out of country when I was on vacation, I wont be going back until a couple of months, and I really hope I can figure this out asap.

pocheckot
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 14, 2017, 9:46:07 PM via App

Selena

Hey guys,
I need some help with this phone, I'm an amateur with phones so i've never rooted it or tried customizing it anything like that. It's been just a little less than a year since I got it and for the first time I did a system update on it because a notification gave me that option to, and just 3 days after the update, my phone ran out of batteries, died, tried charging it and turning it on again, but it's stuck at boot screen, and after approx. 20 secs, the screen goes black again.
I held the vol. down button+power button, to select the option to perform a factory reset, it doesnt work and just goes to the htc logo boot screen, then black.
I've also tried going to recovery and reboot the system, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, none of these worked either.
However, there are a bunch of yellow writing at the bottom of the recovery screen, which I hope will provide some info to what the problem might be cus I don't understand any of it.

Hey guys,

(I/0 error)

* LOCKED***
A5_DUG PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.13.3230.27.0303
OS-2.34.708.1
eMMC boot 1536MB

Thanks!
(I/0 error)

* LOCKED***
A5_DUG PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.13.3230.27.0303
OS-2.34.708.1
eMMC boot 1536MB

Thanks!