Marketing/Promoting Apps

• Replies:3
Glenn Schoonover
  • Forum posts: 26

Jun 12, 2015, 2:23:35 AM via Website

Hi, my name is Glenn Schoonover

I would like to give advice to new/upcoming app developers on app promotion. Currently, I am trying to start my own App company, Diesel Apps. The name comes from my music producing career that I embarked on a few years ago under the name Glenn Diesel Beats. In the first 4 years of making music, I had made about 10 exclusive song sales and received one Grammy nomination for the song "Recovery" by rapper, Yung Loon. The key to my success consisted of two things: research and action.

There are plenty of articles online out there about how to promote apps but they seem like pretty general advice. Mostly, people say to post your app on forums, make videos, get app reviews, etc. The hard truth is, this "general advice" is almost all the advice you are ever going to get unless somebody promotes your app for you. For everybody who is doing their research and trying a few things here and there, I just wanted to post this to tell you that the same things that worked for me in the music business are working for me with apps. The key to success, without a doubt, is applying your research and following through. If somebody tells you to post on forums, find a forum you like (might take more research), actually step up and interact, and follow through. If you want to build an app empire, think of your marketing as building a marketing empire. For example: how many forums can I post? How many people can I get to know me? Can I build an empire of forums? The result will be marketing.

The ultimate message of this post is, research the FOLLOW THROUGH. All great empires add one piece at a time, but if you feel like your efforts are not getting you anywhere, keep adding more pieces and never stop learning, then applying what you learned. The best marketing advice is not step by step instructions -- it is pushing yourself out of the nest to do what you want to do.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Jun 12, 2015, 4:49:57 AM via Website

Hey great to hear from you. You're going to start your own apps company.

Glenn Schoonover
  • Forum posts: 26

Jun 12, 2015, 4:55:49 AM via Website

Yes, thank you for the greeting.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Jun 13, 2015, 4:12:59 PM via Website

Okey! Carry on.