RE: What are the costs for developing Android mobile apps?

• Replies:30
Appstudioz
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 29, 2015, 12:47:20 PM via Website

Hi Marktedson,

The costs of making apps varied to one company to another, I think you have to search through the net or you can contact directly to any company like AppStudioz or so many are there.

andyfletdamponting44

Balint Farago
  • Forum posts: 19

Dec 6, 2015, 11:51:12 AM via Website

Hosting for usage of external database: $5/month
Domain if you want to create a microsite for your app: $15/year
Google Apps email addresses if you want to look professional $5/month
Private Github repo: $7/month
Bank account costs if you want a special account for your income: $3-$6/month

It all depends on what you want and what you're capable of on your own. Generally, if you don't want any of these, you can develop your apps for free and you can still earn money from the via in-app purchasing or ads.

andyfletdamponting44

Shashank Mehrotra
  • Forum posts: 8

Mar 3, 2016, 11:02:33 AM via Website

Hi Marktedson,

Generally, it costs within a range of $1K to $2K to make a normal android. More correct estimation depends on a lot of factors which involve:

1. Functionality you are going to implement

2. How much effort and money you want to spend on UI and UX design and implementation?

3. What country, type of partner you are going to outsource to and how you structure your deal with them?

4. How much work could be done by someone for equity and how much work you need to outsource and pay for that with hard cash?

To get a free consultation for all your mobile app / cloud or back-end related queries free of cost, please write to me: "shashank.mehrotra@affle.com"

Thanks & Regards
Shashank

andyfletdamponting44

AJA Softtech

Aug 3, 2016, 11:31:09 AM via Website

The costs for developing Android mobile apps its depending on which kind of mobile apps you want to develop and which future you want in that apps.

damponting44

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 6, 2016, 2:12:46 PM via Website

By and large, it costs inside a scope of $1K to $2K to make a typical android. More right estimation relies on upon a great deal of variables which include:

Usefulness you are going to execute

What amount of exertion and cash you need to spend on UI and UX configuration and usage?

What nation, sort of accomplice you are going to outsource to and how you structure your arrangement with them?

EngineerBabu
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 17, 2016, 7:54:29 AM via Website

The team at “ENGINEERBABU” always consider these points before engaging with a development team for a particular project. We have many happy customers in our inventory and will be very happy to serve you. Here detail about key factors of mobile app development cost.

AppiGuru
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 17, 2016, 11:21:04 AM via Website

The cost for creating Android applications generally relies on the elements that you want in your application. Besides, the design you will be using also plays the part. When you have made sense of these viewpoints, the next part is to figure the exertion hours that will be spent on application. Once done, you can figure out the hours required with hourly rate that you are providing for your developers.

Danish Qureshi
  • Forum posts: 42

Jan 31, 2018, 10:14:02 AM via Website

Struggling with the costing for your mobile app? To get the cost, Click here

Amity Sky Apps
  • Forum posts: 10

Feb 15, 2018, 9:11:27 AM via Website

Nowadays, android app can cost from 0$ to 1$ million depends on market demands. Concerning the coding price is quite difficult, cause it may vary, but you always get what you paying for.

VarshaSolanki
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 19, 2019, 12:25:33 PM via Website

Hey Marktedson,

The Fact is "App development cost all depends on what kind of features you want to add in your Android app. Many companies and startups are trying to figure out how to reduce mobile app development costs without compromising the quality of the app. To reduce app development cost, you need to have a proper understanding of what, how and when of your android app. Another thing is when you approach an app development company with your requirements, make sure you have some details of the project with you. Here I am sharing you some of the tips which are quite useful for reducing the app development cost:

1. The Goal of your Project
  2. The Timescale
  3. The Platform
  4. The Type of Company
  5. The Features and Functionalities
  6. The Design
  7. The App Maintenance Plan

One of my friend who is working in Space-O Canada writes about " Reduce Your Mobile App Development Cost With These 7 Tips". All you need to do is just go to google and search the name Spaceo.ca. Once you reached the website just type "Reduce Your Mobile App Development Cost With These 7 Tips" in the search bar and you will find the detailed article.

This post is not only helpful for businesses who are providing mobile app development services, but also helpful for developers to decrease the overall app development cost.

jessicasmith26

Jan 20, 2020, 7:49:22 AM via Website

How much are mobile business apps going to cost you? Here’s a compendium of analyses, surveys and calculators to help set reasonable expectations for what building a custom mobile business app will cost.

Summary (TL;DR)
Surveys suggest that the price range for developing an enterprise mobile app is most often from $100,000 to $500,000:

A VDC survey of enterprise app developers found mobile apps to cost an average of $140,000 each.
A Clutch survey of app development companies indicated a median price of $171,450 per app.
A Kinvey survey of CIOs found the average price to be $270,000 per app.
Cost calculators provided by various companies show a feature-rich app might cost from $267,000 to $360,000.
An EMM survey showed over 75% of enterprises budgeting over $250,000 for mobility solutions, with over 25% budgeting over $1.5 million.

Mobile App Development Cost Calculators
Several mobile app and platform companies are now offering calculators that let you specify the features you need and see a ballpark estimate of how much your app will cost. We ran a hypothetical app project through each calculator, answering the questions to represent the kinds of features and complexity we see in our own customers’ high-end mobile solution requirements.

Our example project from SISGAIN is a cross-platform app development for iOS and Android, and includes login authentication, complex business logic and UI, offline functionality, and backend connections. Keeping the estimates parallel was an inexact science because they each ask different questions, but we made the effort & final cost was $237,000 around. Because there’s so many different variables, the price for a mobile app could range anywhere from $5,000 to $500,000; however, the price range will typically be somewhere between $100,000 and $300,000, with the entire process taking 12-20 weeks to develop an app.

AsiaSin

Jan 19, 2021, 10:59:36 AM via Website

I agree, I think that you are absolutely right and I know that many companies' sites either have calculators for calculating the cost of creating an application, or you can find articles such as on the Cleveroad site the article How Much Does It Cost to Build a Fitness App? to determine with a suitable cost for you

SKD

Jan 20, 2021, 10:30:21 AM via Website

Yes, I totally agree with you. Also different countries have different prices per hour and app's costs depend on the functionality you want to add to your application.

HeatherLeeu
  • Forum posts: 14

Jan 21, 2021, 7:19:53 PM via Website

If you are talented very cheap, all you need to buy is the pss in Google Market

Goddeo
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 22, 2021, 3:47:48 PM via Website

it depends on the soft you are planning to use

Goddeo
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 22, 2021, 3:48:01 PM via Website

But it is not that pricey btw

Jobassy
  • Forum posts: 9

Jan 25, 2021, 7:53:17 AM via Website

This the perfect reply, he has explained it all.

KristoferRohrbacher
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 18, 2021, 2:58:48 PM via Website

Agree with you!

howard13vr

Feb 19, 2021, 6:57:17 AM via Website

It always depends on each developing company, and it's made portfolio. There a lot of well-known companies, which have even separate departments for dev consulting purposes.

janecollen
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 26, 2021, 6:50:53 PM via Website

Determining the cost of developing an android app can be a daunting task especially considering the fact that there are tons of features and functionalities involved that can affect the overall cost. However, there are several different blogs, articles and calculators out there that you can read and checkout to get an idea of the factors that can affect your application development and the cost of integrating different features, specifications and functionalities.

andyflet

andyflet
  • Forum posts: 9

Feb 27, 2021, 10:39:28 PM via Website

Absolutely agree with you here

SundyJenner
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 12, 2021, 9:50:31 AM via Website

I completely agree with you that calculating the cost can be a tough work. Nevertheless, there are many companies that have an app cost calculator. Using this calculator can facilitate this process.

smith johnes

Mar 15, 2021, 11:26:48 AM via Website

Hi Marktedson,

The cost of app development doesn’t only hinge on development time and hourly rates. It depends on a number of factors, including the difficulty of finding talent, the complexity of the product, and post-release support expenses.
App development team
Technical complexity
Backend development
third-party integrations
In-app purchases
Custom designs and animations
Post-release expenses
Developing a simple app takes about 1,000 hours and starts at $30,000. Apps of middling complexity may include custom UI features, real-time chat, payment functionality, tablet and handset adaptation, integration with APIs, and a simple backend server.

carlrow

Apr 26, 2021, 11:02:47 AM via Website

The costs of making apps varied to one company to another

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Apr 26, 2021, 6:01:28 PM via Website

A price tag for a simple app with a basic User Interface and a set of must have features ranges from $40,000 to $60,000, Medium complexity app development project costs between $61,000 and $120,000 and, finally, a Complex app project would require at least $120,000 investment.

Fray Johns

Aug 28, 2021, 3:21:57 PM via Website

Hi, I have the food ordering app and I can assist you in this question. First of all, you need to understand properly what features do you want to apply on the app. And I would like to ask you are you familiar with the technolnological stack of the app development? If so, beleive me , you ran the fortune! You can properly understand the dev team and spend the last time on the modifications.

I have the native Android app. It requires the Kotlin and Java technological stack and besides the knowledge of UX design programs. And you shoud not think that hybrid app is more expensive, it depends on the technological stack and dev team experience.

DEV IT
  • Forum posts: 79

Sep 2, 2021, 2:42:37 PM via Website

the basic android app can go up to $2.5K with lower functionality which app can be used by small business owners like shopkeepers, store runners, etc. Higher functionality app-like services offering like Zometa, Swigy can go up to $100K to ++ based on functionality and its requirements to maintain daily base like manage server, query response, and loading apps, etc.

marynaaaa
  • Forum posts: 7

Dec 23, 2021, 4:56:20 PM via Website

If you consider outsourcing, app development cost depends on various factors, for example, developer's region. Cleveroad has a lot of helpful info in their article, check it out.

Robinson Anderson

Dec 24, 2021, 10:32:39 AM via Website

Yes, you are right men. I agree with you.

Eliana Wilson
  • Forum posts: 21

Feb 7, 2022, 2:17:55 PM via Website

Many elements impact the cost, contingent upon the intricacy of the application improvement, at 40$ each hour, the normal expense will be:

Basic App Development Cost - $40,000 to $60,000
Normal App Development Cost - $60,000 to $150,000
Complex App Development Cost - from $300,000

Niya Sequeira

Feb 21, 2022, 11:28:00 AM via Website

Recently, I needed an app developer for my food business. so I contacted a company for that. so before reaching out to any company I read tons of blogs about it.

Here I found an informative blog about the cost of developing an android app. You must read it. I am sure it will help you.

You can find that link in my profile.