Android Wear won't send voice replies but everything else works

• Replies:2
ToHo Dev
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 23, 2015, 6:15:22 PM via Website

I've encountered a really strange problem on my watch (Samsung Gear Live) lately. Not a single texting app will let me use the "reply" button with voice.

Example: Friend texts me, text pops up on my watch. I swipe it and click "Reply" and try to reply using my voice. The text will write out on my watch screen, but the red Google mic icon just sits there for about 10 seconds as if its still thinking it's receiving input, and then it takes me to the "disconnected/watch is offline" screen.

But the watch is obviously not disconnected: I can exit that app and tap the screen and say "Okay Google" and then say "Text friend 'hi how's it going'" and the text will send without a problem.

I've encountered this error when using Coffee SMS, WearResponses, and Google Messenger. I've reset the watch, and cleared Android Wear data, and the problem still persists. This makes no sense. Any ideas/suggestions?

Dominice
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 14, 2015, 8:20:20 AM via Website

(laughing)

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Aug 27, 2015, 7:21:53 AM via Website

You can try again by updating your watch.
If you check the SMS message it will most likely have an incorrect country code. Mine should be +44 however it shows as 44 and I get a network failure.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC