Lightweight notification disabler app possibility?

• Replies:2
greenr0y
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 26, 2015, 1:24:08 PM via Website

Hello, i wondered if it was possible to create a lightweight one-click app that blocks notifications for a particular app. This can currently be achieved on my Nexus 6 via Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications > Select App > "Block - Never show notifications from this app".. Obviously this is a long winded way to do this and I wondered if it was at all possible to create a small one-click app/widget to toggle this setting for a particular app? If it is possible, any pointers in the right direction? Or has this already been done?

Thanks

Abhiram S.
  • Forum posts: 35

Jun 26, 2015, 3:23:18 PM via Website

Well you dont have to go to all these settings to switch off notifications from an app. Since you are running a nexus 6 it should be in lollipop.in lollipop we can stop recieving notification from an app by just press and holding the notification,where it should change colour and display two icons .here,pressing the crossed bell icon will stop the notifications from that app.hope this helps

greenr0y
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 26, 2015, 8:46:22 PM via Website

Thank you for the tip, i hadn't realised that before. Obviously this is once the app has a notification, whereas i was wanting to prevent it before getting one.