Rooting Lenovo K 3 Note K50a40

• Replies:7
Arun Shanker
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 12, 2015, 10:15:55 PM via Website

Hi All
I am Arun from India I just got a Lenovo K 3 Note 50a40 and rooted it with CWM recovery
I tried flashing with CWM recovery and was unable to do that, fastboot worked and also flashed the recovery.img file, but when I tried to install SU by pressing up+down and power button it took me to the default Lenovo recovery. I kept trying and then succeeded, as there is no known method for this phone, but I followed the instructions in this link -
I cant post links now, so google "unboxing Lenovo K 3 Note K50a40" and click the youtube link I uploaded
the key is to do this - Press and hold the Volume Down Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button.
When you see the Boot Screen, Release the Power Button but keep the Volume Buttons pressed until you see the Recovery Screen.
I got Chinese menu in the CWM, I could read the word ZIP in one of the options and from there I installed the UPDATE SU and rebooted with the top menu option, I googled Reboot for Chinese and compared the script with the menu and rebooted. I have not installed custom ROM, I just removed bloat ware and installed google launcher, the lenovo launched has not app drawer.

— modified on Jul 14, 2015, 3:09:56 PM

Sumit Bajaj
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 14, 2015, 1:44:53 PM via Website

I am facing the same issue I guess the problem is because their are two models of Lenovo K3 Note
International model is k50-t5 and Indian model is k50a40
K50-t5 is rootable and has an official Cyanogen Rom whereas I cannot find any way to root my k50a40 yet

If anyone here has any idea on how to root and flash CWM recovery on k50a40 please help us
Thanks ,

— modified on Jul 14, 2015, 1:45:08 PM

Arun Shanker
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 14, 2015, 3:06:38 PM via Website

Sumit Bajaj

I am facing the same issue I guess the problem is because their are two models of Lenovo K3 Note
K50-t5 is rootable and has an official Cyanogen Rom whereas I cannot find any way to root my k50a40 yet

If anyone here has any idea on how to root and flash CWM recovery on k50a40 please help us
Thanks ,

I rooted the Indian model is k50a40 with the above procedure I have uploaded a video in youtube check, I rooted it with CWM recovery PM me for the links
Arun

Sumit Bajaj

ramakrishnan jayapalan
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 16, 2015, 9:38:52 AM via Website

Arun Shanker

Sumit Bajaj

Thanks ,

I rooted the Indian model is k50a40 with the above procedure I have uploaded a video in youtube check, I rooted it with CWM recovery PM me for the links
Arun

Can you provide the youtube link for the same??
Thanks in advance

Sumit Bajaj
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 16, 2015, 12:18:23 PM via Website

Arun Shanker

Sumit Bajaj

Thanks ,

Arun

Please provide us the link for the video

Nakul Kashyap (NKHP)

Sep 11, 2015, 8:33:50 PM via Website

i have got the fix, i was facing the same problem. i always entered lenovo recovery. then i tried to flash recovery(cwm) again, i flashed it then without rebooting it i pulled the battery then pressed up down power and finalli got into cwm rcovry.
i think the problem we were facing is that the lenovo recovry was replacing our custom rcvry after starting,
this will allow u to root i.e. installing su.
i dont know custom rom built for it.

eshan jaiswal

Sep 27, 2015, 2:15:43 PM via Website

hello nakul can you pls tell me how you rooted your k3 note

Ankit Patel

Dec 20, 2015, 12:03:12 PM via Website

try this link i think this would help you

tricksofcom.blogspot.com/2015/12/root-lenovo-k3-note