Hearing Aid Compatability

• Replies:2
just me
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 20, 2015, 10:04:10 PM via Website

Ok … I use hearing aids. Like millions of other hearing aid users, I need a good cell phone that will allow me to hear as best I can. That can be quite a task. I am a retired computer consultant and spent many years in rooms with thousands of very loud computer fans. The only way I can start to evaluate a phone is by the Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) rating. Problem is, just about all (I think I can say all) reviews do not include the HAC. Seems it is just worth talking about. If only the hearing aid users would speak up.
For those that don’t know about the HAC (and that could be a lot of hearing aid users), I will give some info. The HAC is a rating stated Mx/Tx, where the x is a number from 1 to 4 where 4 is the best. The ‘M’ is a rating of how good the cell phone rejects interference. The ‘T’ is a rating on how well the device works with the Tcoil in the hearing aid. The Tcoil is activated by a magnetic field to close a switch to allow the receiving audio to be magnetically induced into the Tcoil and allow the audio to be heard in both ears. This really makes the cell phone usable to the hearing aid user. I always try to find the cell phone that is M4/T4.
Could the reviewers please start giving us the HAC? It may require a bit of bugging the manufacturer.
Thanks

Wes Tremblay
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 21, 2015, 2:02:52 AM via Website

I wear 2 Bernafon speaker in the ear aids and use a Moto G 4g M4/T4 rating and
find it works well.

charlesnester
  • Forum posts: 24

Aug 21, 2019, 9:40:07 AM via Website

I love and wear hearing aids for two years, and it's perfect for me.