whatsapp message backup

• Replies:7
starscream
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 4, 2015, 6:45:42 AM via Website

Hello everybody!
I am using whatsapp on android. So i want to backup all the messages including photos,videos and texts before hard resetting my phone. Due to memory issues i use to delete all the daily automatic backups. Now what i want to know is that if i manually backup the messages will it backup all the messages including messages older than last 7days. Normally the automatic backup creates a backup of messages of the last seven days. So a manual backup will have the same effect or will it backup all the messages of my whatsapp?
Thanks in advance.

Edward D Cook
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 1, 2015, 9:49:24 AM via Website

You can take a backup of all messages in your email with a text file. You can also take backup of all kind of files including media.

starscream

starscream
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 2, 2015, 2:22:48 PM via Website

Thanks mate.
Have a nice day.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 4, 2015, 1:29:33 PM via Website

You can manually back up the messages and media to external storage, like SD card or any computer.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

starscream

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 52

Mar 28, 2016, 8:11:16 AM via Website

You can use google account to back up.
Or you can choose to use a back up tool to transfer text messages, contacts, photos and other files. By using this, you can back up your data selectively.

— modified on Mar 29, 2016, 3:35:34 AM

quatreulls
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 15, 2016, 5:00:52 PM via Website

I tried to manually copy the whatsapp folder to a pc hard drive but it didn't work with the files in the databases folder. Perhaps because they are encrypted. How can I do then the manual copy using Windows Explorer?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 15, 2016, 7:08:20 PM via Website

When you make a manual backup in whatsapp, all messages will be saved.

You can copy the whole Whatsapp Folder to your SD or PC, and after installing whatsapp again, copy it back to internal memory before starting whatsapp.

@quatreulls: The database files are in use, you must first uninstall whatsapp.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 15, 2016, 7:10:37 PM via Website

starscream

Normally the automatic backup creates a backup of messages of the last seven days. S
Thanks in advance.

Nope, he just keeps the last 7 backups, but he saves all actually messages.