Abnormally low download number. Absurdly low visibility. Frustrating and confusing.

• Replies:1
Cardboard Claw
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 27, 2015, 10:39:38 PM via Website

We recently published our game in the Google play store. It has been in the stores for 48 hours, but only downloaded 17 times (half of them being friends). It shows 22 visits to the store page. Is this for real? I have read about lots and lots and lots of users here posting their first days performance with their newly released games asking if "is this performance good" everyone with at least a hundred downloads per day... While we had only 22 VISITS (not even downloads), half of them being our friends to the store page. Is there any specific reason to have this absurdly low visibility? It doesnt make sense, its looks like if Google was burying our new game purposedly or something, because i can't believe it when so many users report hundreds or at least 50 downloads a day without any kind of marketing nor friends downloading their game, and now we get this.

I do not think we have a ugly page store or that we don't have keywords or that our game is of awful quality. The thing is that they don't even get to visit the page in the first place. I don't know what's going wrong but after our 10 month project this is disheartening and frightening.

The Game can be found by looking for Anticore: Rocket Ace in the android store.

We are not posting the store page to get downloads, we post it to see if anyone can shed light about what's wrong with our newly released game, because seeing lots and lots of games with 1-2 months of development time get hundreds of downloads with absolutely zero marketing involved while this one is having this performance is pretty confusing to be honest.

Cardboard Claw

Balint Farago
  • Forum posts: 19

Dec 6, 2015, 1:00:33 PM via Website

It's totally normal. You only get downloads if people find your app. What is your main keyword and how does your app rank for it?
I see now you have 100-500 downloads which is nothing, so you're obviously doing something wrong. Your title is called Anticore: Rocket Ace. What is Anticore? Your title is the most important thing when it comes to ranking. If your users don't search for anticore (and they don't) then your app won't be listed among the search results. Try to come up with a better name. Also, make your description better. Check out similar apps like Astro Jump and see how they do it. There is no golden rule. The time of easily ranking great is over, with over a billion apps on the market it's really hard to make your app visible. Try some app marketing methods like posting to forums, reddit, Fb and G+ groups. You can have your app listed in app directories or try to have it reviewed by app review sites.

— modified on Dec 6, 2015, 1:01:34 PM