Whatsapp wont connect over wifi.

• Replies:7
Tommy Levy
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 6, 2015, 7:18:46 PM via Website

My whatsapp won't connect over wifi network.
Sometimes it does connect but 97% of the times it doesn't.
But it works properly on my mobile network.
Please I need help... I'm frustrated..

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Oct 6, 2015, 7:43:52 PM via Website

Well, that's weird !! Also, just wanted to know how did you came to know it's not connecting over Wi-Fi does it shows pop up telling connectivity of whatsapp is limited over Wi-Fi network or ... (thinking) maybe you should try clearing cache and the data stored by whatsapp app as sometimes it does helps in resolving these type of issue although I somewhere feel that the problem is internet connectivity over Wi-Fi network. If the problem is with whatsapp them it will results in same problem over mobile data too.

Tommy Levy

Oct 6, 2015, 7:49:02 PM via Website

When you open a chat on whatsapp there's the last seen hour right? So when I'm on wifi it wont show it and it wont let me send/receive messages.
When I'm on my mobile network, everything works fine. I've cleared cache-data. Factory reset my phone, tried everything I can think about.. Nothing seems to help.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Oct 6, 2015, 8:09:07 PM via Website

@Tommy I doubt about the last seen hour thing over chat, as tell you what last seen thing isn't for you actually it's for others, like if your texting your friends using whatsapp sometimes on top of their name it'll show last seen say 30min ago and sometimes it will show online if your friend is active over whatsapp and for some of your friends it will not show last seen, it's just because that guy has configured his privacy settings, :) so I don't think that's a problem anyway did you ran a check over the Wi-Fi connection like see if it has access to internet because sometime it happens ! :)

Tommy Levy

Oct 6, 2015, 8:13:33 PM via Website

Lalit

@Tommy I doubt about the last seen hour thing over chat, as tell you what last seen thing isn't for you actually it's for others, like if your texting your friends using whatsapp sometimes on top of their name it'll show last seen say 30min ago and sometimes it will show online if your friend is active over whatsapp and for some of your friends it will not show last seen, it's just because that guy has configured his privacy settings, :) so I don't think that's a problem anyway did you ran a check over the Wi-Fi connection like see if it has access to internet because sometime it happens ! :)

What do you mean check if it has internet acsses?
And the last seen things is a problem.. Because it wont show it on all of my contacts.. And as I said, I can't send/receive messages from whatsapp while on wifi network...

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 3, 2015, 12:07:14 PM via Website

Clean all the cache using All-In-One Toolbox, and restart your phone. It worked for me.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

David Lu
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 3, 2015, 4:44:59 PM via Website

Welcome to the community!

David Lu
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 3, 2015, 4:45:37 PM via Website

Welcome to the community!