my battery draining fast, after marshmallow update.

• Replies:99
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 17, 2015 7:58:24 AM via Website

Meghal is correct. A factory reset will only reinstall 6.0. I find that the problem is worst with Android One phones. My gut feeling is that while Android One offers upgrades for 2 years, the low end hardware on these phoens cannnot match the software needs of 6.0 which could be a reason for this serious battery issue. The problem is now well know but Spice, Karbon and MIcromax are all keeping quiet, This leads me to think that this is a hardware or compatibility issue they can do nothing about and do not want to acknowledge.

• Forum posts: 21

Oct 17, 2015 8:07:17 AM via Website

This battery issue is with Nexus device also. So i think this is the problem of 6.0 Update rather than hardware problem. Pl. update on this if anyone has new development on the same. Will have to wait and watch for another patch release for the same from Google.

• Forum posts: 19

Oct 17, 2015 8:33:01 AM via Website

shiv '

you are right the battery problem is with 6.0 update itself, but not with hardware, all the devices running 6.0 having the issue with battery drain. so we have to wait until a new patch for this prob fix.

looking forward google haven't revealed any news about the issue fix..(danger)(danger):?

Oct 17, 2015 1:47:16 PM via Website

Have downloaded battery doctor to check whether it is working fine or not. Will share the result of the same. We all have to do some R&D till google issue any fix for the issue.

Oct 17, 2015 3:36:55 PM via Website

Tried with Battery doctor but no use, it continues the same draining... no matter have to wait until next patch release by google.(danger)

• Forum posts: 5

Oct 17, 2015 6:40:37 PM via Website

Factory reset it then update it first before setting up other things.

Oct 18, 2015 4:39:32 AM via Website

tired battery doctor, firstly it seemed draining fast, later i kept my phone in standby mode for 5hrs, it made my battery life better i think. for those 5hrs, 74% is constant. may be battery doctor working try it guys. be patience for a day until it molds.

• Forum posts: 22

Oct 18, 2015 6:59:46 AM via Website

[root android lollipop 5.0][1]
Here you go and find the soluations

admin edit: promotional links are forbidden

— modified on Oct 18, 2015 9:05:11 AM by moderator

Oct 18, 2015 7:13:48 AM via Website

You must try DU battery saver it helped me lot you can try try Space Cleaner by Uniblue, it will help to clear out your device in terms of Junk and cache files which are not only hogging space on your device but also with unnecessary app and file processes running in the background of your device.

Oct 19, 2015 6:21:33 AM via Website

I have also tried battery doctor, it seems working fine. I have fully charged my phone yesterday fully at 8:00 PM and currently it is 93% so looks it is back to normal. lets see what it unfolds.

• Forum posts: 1

Oct 19, 2015 7:08:43 AM via Website

Hello everyone,

I noticed the same issue and found the reason for this. The culprit is location services. In the advanced settings of location servicea disable "WiFi scanning " networks.

Without this change my battery drained around 30 % when being idle for around 6 hrs. After this change it is 15%.

• Forum posts: 2

Oct 19, 2015 11:40:18 AM via Website

Hello ,

I am using Karbonn Sparkle V - Android One and after the marshmallow update , I also experience the same battery drain issue. 100% charged comes to 10% in 3hrs. I noticed this problem after 3 days of the update as for the first 2 days it was normal.

I have tried

1. Optimize battery use for applications
  2. Factory reset.
  3. Uninstalled the unnecessary apps.
  4. My phone is in the Battery saver Mode during standby (orange screen) still after 4 hrs it has gone down by 5%

So is this due to hardware compatibility issues or software bugs ? If its gonna be a software issue when will the fix be available ? If its a h.w issue then how to connect with the manufacturer and solve it ?
Please help.

— modified on Oct 19, 2015 11:40:41 AM

Oct 19, 2015 12:24:42 PM via Website

Same here I am using the Android one from Symphony; have the battery issue after installing Marshmallow. I just disabled location and WiFi scanning. I hope this will help.

Oct 19, 2015 1:37:20 PM via Website

My Wifi adn Bluettoth scanning are always disabled. So that won't help me. What I have done is to stop all my apps, except the essential ones - Dialer, Browser, Messenger and WhatsApp - which I use all the time. This has helped to reduce the drain but it is still above acceptable limits. I guess we have to wait for the patch. What irony - extended battery life is supposed to be a major plus point of 6.0!

Oct 19, 2015 2:15:39 PM via Website

Try once battery doctor. I have installed it and it helped me to save the battery. I will repost with updats.

Oct 19, 2015 8:04:47 PM via Website

Shiv, this didn't work for me. All apps are shown as "Optimizing battery use", and that status hasn't changed for a day.

Oct 20, 2015 1:55:17 AM via Website

Hi! I've got the same problem with both my Micromax Android One phones. This is disappointing: we've to only wait until Google comes up with an update fix for this.

Oct 20, 2015 5:56:05 AM via Website

I know. The same thing is happening to me. At my wits end!

Oct 20, 2015 6:50:15 AM via Website

today i got 1.8 MB system update for my micromax a110 phone.

Oct 20, 2015 6:58:28 AM via Website

goto settings>apps in that clear data of app google services frame work and restart your phone .
connect to wifi you will be notified for marshmellow update