my battery draining fast, after marshmallow update.

• Replies:106
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 10, 2016 9:26:05 PM via Website

So i installed GSAM battery monitor and saw the processor clock didn't go to a very low state, remaining at ~350khz and that drained the battery. After the october 1, 2016 update (marshmallow version for AT&T on an S5) the clock rate will fairly reliably average ~128khz when the phone is resting (not in doze mode) and significantly improves battery life... for just under 3 days, then the clock rate bumped up to drain the battery faster. I just did a power reset and then it recovered to the lower drain state.
I then got 5 days under light use before getting to 20%. This is pretty much identical to what the phone was doing on lollipop back in january 2016... so 10 months of development on a new OS and they got back to where they started!

• Forum posts: 5

Dec 22, 2016 3:52:11 PM via Website

So, debugging as much as I can with limited android knowledge. I did find that after a forced update (I can't make it stop) of "galaxy apps" the phone drained ~40% battery overnight when in airplane mode. It seems that something in the galaxy apps wants to update and without a connection to 4G (I don't have a data plan) and no internet, it hangs up and uses processor power that kills the battery. The odd thing is that the last two times I had it draining the battery, GSAM said it was in doze mode... and the processor was at 50% use and .4GHZ.
It's absurd, and I did get the drain to improve after "force close" on the galaxy apps. I then uninstalled that to the factory version and reset the phone again.
I'm backing up now and planning to try a factory reset, then back to lolipop if I can figure out how to download it.

• Forum posts: 4

Dec 29, 2016 12:47:40 PM via Website

well i can install android 6.0 cuz i have samsung galaxy s4 mini intl with cyanogenmod 12.1 currently but i will install android M (cm 13.0)

Dec 29, 2016 12:48:45 PM via Website

i prefer you du battery saver cuz it helped me to use phone cuz it saves battery and saves battery :D

Dec 30, 2016 10:35:19 AM via Website

well battery saver is good idea but i prefered u du battery saver before but now i prefer go battery pro i now tested it my own

• Forum posts: 9

Jan 6, 2017 12:47:45 PM via Website

personally prefer not to use battery saver either