Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — How do i flash stock firmware without ODIN?

• Replies:3
Todd McDorman
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 17, 2015, 2:42:36 AM via Website

My Note 4 has a bad charging port apparently. PC doesnt recognize device and fast charging inop. Says usb charging when plugged into AC outlet. Phone is under warranty but rooted. Cant flash firmware with ODIN because downloader doesnt recognize the phone. Mobile Odin Pro is not yet compatable with Note 4. So how do I return it to stock so I can make Samsung repair their defective part?

Souvik Ghosh
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 20, 2015, 7:18:06 PM via Website

Odin is the best way to flash firmware. But you can also try with recovery mode. First download stock firmware then go to recovery mode and install the zip.

** I don't think samsung repair the defective part free of cost though it is in warranty because you already rooted the device. Samsung doesn't give warranty for rooted device. They easily catch that the device is rooted.

No rooted samsung device can be fully unrooted. They or You can easily check it from download mode.
In download mode,
never rooted ; Knox Warranty Void : 0

if rooted or unrooted from rooted ; Knox Warranty Void : 1

Jesper Hansen

Dec 11, 2015, 3:51:06 PM via Website

Are you using the micro usb cable that came with the phone or a different one ?
I have a few different cables and with some of them the pc can't see the phone and others it picks it up straight away

Moises Edwin C.F.

Jan 26, 2016, 2:12:05 AM via Website

Todd McDorman, can you confirm that this worked? cause' I'm having the same problem here. For some reason my pc can't recognize mi galaxy.

Souvik Ghosh, what else can you do with samsung stock recovery mode?

Best Regards