Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — Wifi & Bluetooth randomly stop working on Note 4

• Replies:1
andreas tatzel
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 4, 2015, 11:56:31 AM via Website

Hey guys,

I've been searching the web for some time now, and haven't gotten a fitting reply or solution to my problem yet.

Ever since i bought the Note 4 back in April, I've noticed that every now and then, the Wifi and Bluetooth just stop working. Rebooting, safe rebooting, removing sd card, removing battery, removing battery while turned on, stock rom, custom rom, update, downgrade... Nothing has helped so far. At some point it just goes back to work. I can't reproduce this failure, it just randomly occurs.

At some point the phone would just power off. And when it starts back up, Wifi is not working and wont turn on, not even show a list of available networks (same goes for the bluetooth).

Since my device is rooted by now, i cant send it in to have it replaced or repaired. And i doubt they would do it, since the problem occurs randomly and fixes itself after a certain time.

Do any of you have the same problem or know by what it's caused and how to fix it. Please help me guys, I can't afford to buy another phone yet, this is not even a year old.

One more thing, when it powers of automatically (right before not working properly) I noticed it gets fairly hot. It seems to be a protective measure.

I really hope you can help me! Cheers.

Right now I'm using the:
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F
Android 5.1.1
Baseband N910FXXUICOI3
Kernel 3.10.40-Emotion-nightly-alpha-r22
Custom ROM Emotion Revolution R10.01 Lollipop

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Nov 6, 2015, 3:45:44 AM via Website

This can be a hardware problem.since WiFi and Bluetooth works on same chip but you can try this method

First of all go to safe mode and see whether it is working or not
if it is not working Download the latest firmware and flash it with Odin, this will also remove the root and sometime you may get back warranty.
try it

Ready To Help You.