Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — Suden fast battery drainage

• Replies:5
Jonathan Hubbs
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 21, 2015, 1:06:43 PM via Website

My phone was fine regarding battery life for nearly a year when suddenly, my battery was dying withing 6 hours with no use. I installed battery doctor and it keeps telling me I have a battery drainage issue. I have found no wasteful apps in the background. Please help. I know a fairly good amount about android os and touchwiz and open to ideas.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 21, 2015, 3:08:53 PM via Website

Check your GPS settings, it is on then off it, it will take more battery then other app. if it not solve the problem, backup and reset the phone

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Jonathan Hubbs

Jonathan Hubbs
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 21, 2015, 4:05:11 PM via Website

Good suggestion, but the problem started suddenly

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 23, 2015, 2:22:39 PM via Website

Is your phone is new? have you check it with other charger? are you using the original charger of the Samsung?

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Brad Pitte
  • Forum posts: 19

Feb 21, 2016, 4:56:54 PM via Website

nilofar shaikh

Is your phone is new? have you check it with other charger? are you using the original charger of the Samsung?

Yup , based from your story, these factors might be the ones that you need to take a look at. :)

Carl
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 4, 2016, 12:13:17 PM via Website

My Note 4 is doing something similar. I will have 50-60% battery life left and it will just shut down. When I plug it back in to charge, it will start at 0%. I thought the battery was going bad, but yesterday it was fully charged when I sat it down. 4 hours later, I picked it up and it was dead. Not sure if it's the battery going bad or something else causing the issue...