Samsung Galaxy S5 — Air browse feature after upgrading to Lollipop 5.2

• Replies:5
Charlotte
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 24, 2015, 9:50:03 PM via Website

Hi there, just updated today my Galaxy s5 Plus from Kk4.4.4 to Lollipop 5.2 and some features are missing after the upgrade, otherwise beautiful looking but without Smart Scrolling feature and with limited gestures to use Air Browse with stock Gallery and Music only, which it's quite disappointing...

Anyone know if there is any way to get back at least the full Air Browse feature as it was before upgrading? I meant to say to be able to use it for stock email and internet also, which are missing now.

Or maybe some app able to do the same. I like the look and feel of Lollipop, and had experienced any problem with it, everything works fluid and well, except for the above mentioned Galaxy unique features.

Thank you if anyone could help...

:(

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 263

Dec 27, 2015, 4:23:27 PM via Website

Might be possible that, the feature you have previously is not working on this one, Consult the Samsung Store.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page LEO Privacy Guard

Charlotte

Dec 28, 2015, 12:50:42 PM via Website

Thank you for replying.

I was looking in the Samsung store as you suggested and I couldn't find anything :(

It's really a pity because the phone has the Smart Scrolling and full Air Browse technology built-in and cannot be used...

In the Apple Store there is an app called "Air Browse" for iPhone than can add this feature using the phone's sensors, but in Android app stores there seems to be nothing about it when ironically many android smartphones (HTC, Sony...) have implemented this technology.

There are apps for Smart Stay but not for Smart Scrolling nor Air Browse unless your device it's rooted, but I can't root mine for this.

If anyone know the way to bring back the full Air Browse feature please let me know.

Thanks in advance !!

(thinking)

Charlotte

Dec 28, 2015, 12:53:53 PM via Website

P.s... I meant to say I don't wish to root my phone...

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 28, 2015, 1:43:17 PM via Website

You are getting the problem after update of the system? have you tried to downgrade from the new update to the previous system? i mean uninstall the new update and try Air browse feature still working or not?

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Charlotte

Dec 28, 2015, 1:55:24 PM via Website

Hello,

Yes the problem it's occurring after the update from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2 Lollipop, and it's a common issue affecting all Gs5 phones after upgraded as far as I know.

I like Lollipop's interface and I would like to keep it and to recover the full feature without having to go back to stock 4.4.4 version.

Thank you !