What the hell is FB trying to do to me?

• Replies:7
Deezul Yusof
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 27, 2015, 1:11:44 PM via App

I have notice in the newer versions of FB ( I am on ver 59.00) that FB has been uploading my pictures without informing me, or sending notice, or making it clear on how to stop this functions. My questions is where does all my pictures is going to. They are mostly family photos which I dont want to be made available to " public" especially my 5 year old granddaughter and n daughters.
Does somebody know how to stop FB from collecting pictures on my devices.

JulieWickedSweetDreamz

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 27, 2015, 2:47:58 PM via Website

FB will never access your phone and account without your permission, have you checked it properly on your FB account? or you have seen them on some one else account?

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Julie

WickedSweetDreamz
  • Forum posts: 45

Dec 28, 2015, 1:49:42 PM via Website

I'm also having a strange, very disquieting experience with Facebook lately .I seem to be aquiring "friends" whom I DIDN'T ask for a "friend" request. I have changed some of my privacy and security settings since this started happening , but fear that my account has possibly been "hacked. " If someone has any suggestions for me ,I would appreciate it, especially because I have also synced my photos to Facebook , and I DEFINITELY don't want all of these available to just anyone .Thank you .

Julie

Rusty
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 28, 2015, 3:07:09 PM via Website

Yes, get rid of the facebook app altogether!

WickedSweetDreamzGT Ohh

Julie
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 29, 2015, 4:39:06 AM via Website

I stopped using the FB app because of other similar issues. I use the FB mobile site and before using I go thru all of the account & app settings (they are separate, so make sure you are going thru both setting options). Sometimes you may have selected certain "privacy" settings under "Account Settings" but didn't adjust under "App Settings", make sure you check BOTH - that may be where your problem lies.

WickedSweetDreamz

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 7, 2016, 12:08:17 PM via Website

You can turn photo syncing off from your phone.

-----> Android
1) Open the Facebook app and tap the top-left main menu
2) Scroll to the bottom and select Account > App Settings > Sync Photos
3) Choose Don't sync my photos

I hope this helps you

Mell Sims
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 2, 2017, 10:11:01 AM via Website

My Note 4 does not have the "Sync Photos" when I checked under App. Please help.

Thanks

David Vitta
  • Forum posts: 16

Jul 16, 2018, 10:45:39 PM via Website

it is better not to use fb from the app