How to Transfer Pictures from Android Phone to PC

• Replies:30
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 57

Jan 14, 2016 4:35:49 AM via Website

Like travelling and taking lots of photos with your Android phone/tablet to keep track of those gorgeous scenery and moment. But it will not be safe to keep photos on Android phone, they may get lost due to various reasons: you may delete them accidently or get your Android phone lost/damaged. It’s a great idea to backup photos on Android phone before those things happen.

This article will show you how to transfer and backup pictures from Android to PC easily.

**Method 1: Transfer Pictures on Android to PC with a USB Cable Manually

Method 2: Backup Android Photos to Computer with Syncios Android Manager**

Method 1. Transfer Pictures on Android to PC with a USB Cable Manually

If you don't like to use any Android backup tool to transfer pictures from Android to the computer, here is the way for you.

Step 1. Plug your Android phone into the computer with a USB cable. Now, your Android phone is acted as an external hard drive.

Step 2. Find the external hard drive for your Android phone on your computer and open it.

Step 3. Find picture folders you need.

Normally, the camera pictures are stored in DCIM folder. Photos imported from computer are saved in a folder named Photos or others. If those pictures are downloaded or taken by other apps, you need go to these folders to find these photos.

Step 4. Transfer Android camera photos and others to your computer.

Once the folders are found, just open it copy one by one and copy your desired ones. Then, transfer Android camera photos and others to your computer.

Method 2. Backup Android Photos to Computer with Syncios Free Android Backup Tool

Feel it tricky to backup android to computer via USB. Take it easy. There’re many useful tools to back up Android photos. Syncios Android Manager is one of them, which provides an easier way to transfer your Android pictures to PC.

*1.*Run this Android backup tool and get your phone connected

To get started, install and run the Syncios free Android Manager on your computer, and plug your Android phone into computer, you can also try WiFi connection.

After your Android Phone got connected, it will be shown in the primary window with photos and more files categorized in the left panel.

Note: you are also able to use WiFi connection.

2.Selectively backup photos on Android phone

To backup Android phone photo to Windows PC, click Photos tab on the left panel of Syncios, you'll see all the photos on your device,

click Camera or Library on the right panel of the program to select the photos you need to transfer to PC, and then press "Export" option.

Now, you could successfully transfer photos from Android to your computer.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 71

Mar 28, 2016 8:19:58 AM via Website

For some android phones, you can directly transfer the pics from phone to pc.
But, some phones does not allow this. So we can get a data backup assistant to transfer the needed data.
I use Mobikin Assistant for Android, which can be available to transfer contacts, text messages, memos, photos, music , video files and more.

Give it a try, which helps a lot to manage my phone.

• Forum posts: 167

Mar 31, 2016 4:09:42 PM via Website

It's very useful guide line for all of android users. Thanks to all.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

• Forum posts: 4

Apr 12, 2016 8:27:35 AM via Website

Thank you for your guide. It works.
And I also tried Wondershare MobileGo to transfer files between Android phones and PC. It can help to root Android device, and manage Android phone easily.

• Forum posts: 16

Apr 15, 2016 8:56:25 AM via Website

This Android Manager can be really stable in transferring pictures from Android to PC. With the help of it, you can manage your contacts, music, messages, video, etc. on the computer. You can one-click back up and restore your phone data, send SMS to another phone and so on.

— modified on Apr 21, 2016 11:25:16 AM

• Forum posts: 3

Apr 15, 2016 12:36:00 PM via Website

Thanks for the useful information; here I am sharing the another best software to transfer data from android to PC is the MobileGo Android Manager this is best software is personally used this.

androiddata-recovery.com/mobilego-android-manager.php

• Forum posts: 3

Apr 25, 2016 5:32:30 AM via Website

You could try third party transfer app.

• Forum posts: 26

May 3, 2016 10:19:53 AM via Website

There are simple ways to transfer pictures from Android to PC, both Wireless and with a cable, no matter if they are one Memory card, or stored in Internal memory. If you already got a USB cable, plug the device to the PC and do as follows:
1. Make sure your device is Unlocked
2. Let the Windows, identifies your device
3. Open My Computer and then click on your device's name
4. Now choose either Phone or Memory
5. You may find your save pictures taken by your camera under this path: /DCIM/Camera

• Forum posts: 167

May 4, 2016 6:50:53 AM via Website

Helpful post. Thank you for the post. Although I already knew about it but I think it's a post worth sharing.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

• Forum posts: 24

May 9, 2016 10:11:13 AM via Website

Thanks for you advice, this article really gives brief introduction of transferring phone to pc.
I am also familiar with Jihosoft Phone Transfer which elps a lot in copying sms as well as contacts, whatsApp messages, images, videosm, call logs and more from your phone to pc in one click without any data loss.
Hope that it will be helpful for you.:P

Jun 2, 2016 3:36:58 AM via Website

There are 2 methods to transfer pics from android to computer.
1st method: You just need to connect your Android phone to computer with usb, then drag these pics to any folder for safe keeping.

2nd method: Using Jihosoft Phone Transfer.
Jihosoft Phone Transfer is a professional tool which is available to move photos as well as contacts, sms, whatsApp messages, call history, videos and more from your android phone to pc or to other phones.
Steps to move pics from android to pc using Jihosoft Phone Transfer:
1. Download this software, then connect you android phone to the pc via USB cable.
2.Click “Backup Your Phone” and select "Photos" from the listed data types, then click "Start Copy"

• Forum posts: 18

Jun 16, 2016 11:53:19 AM via Website

I have tried this. But it did not work out so well. So, I google it and find this program, Android Manager. Synchronizing SMS from a Android phone to PC is one of its features.

• Forum posts: 9

Jun 21, 2016 9:51:50 AM via Website

Thanks for methods above, I think method 1 is easy to follow, but sometimes my Android phone can hardly get connected to PC, so I also use other apps to transfer pictures and other files to PC, for example AirMore. Such application can work wirelessly and it works well. Now I can take my phone and transfer pictures without taking USB devices, and there's no need installing software on PC to transfer. Just browsing the website, scan the code and then I can import and export pictures.

Jun 23, 2016 6:19:21 AM via Website

Let's take Samsung Galaxy S7 as an example, we can directly connect our S7 to computer via usb, then move Samsung pictures to pc through manually copy and paste.
The second method is to transfer with a third-party tool.
Jihosoft Phone Transfer is a good helper to transfer photos from Samsung Galaxy S7 to pc.
1. Download and launch Jihosoft Phone Transfer, then click "Backup Your Phone".
2. Connect your Samsung to pc, once detected, you can select "Photos" from your S7 to computer.

• Forum posts: 23

Jul 22, 2016 8:45:58 AM via Website

Android Manager is compatible with all Android mobile phones, such as Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, Motorola, etc. Act as the best backup assistant to transfer all Android files to computer for backup.

— modified on Jul 25, 2016 3:57:49 AM

• Forum posts: 17

Jul 22, 2016 8:46:55 AM via Website

To transfer photos from android phone to computer, you can try Google Drive Backup , Google Photos, USB. But i think it's not convenient, you should use an android file manager to help.

— modified on Jul 22, 2016 8:47:22 AM

• Forum posts: 4

Jul 22, 2016 10:54:44 AM via Website

I usually use “eshare" to transfer my pictures to the computer. It's wireless.

• Forum posts: 19

Jul 23, 2016 1:05:56 AM via Website

It's quite informative article, got really useful. Thanks for sharing.