LG G3 Cat.6 — LG Canada has begun yesterday rolling out Andriod 6.0 Marshmallow

• Replies:4
Kurtis Paull
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 4, 2016, 9:01:58 PM via Website

Google LG Canada Marshmallow to see the notice.

TORONTO February 3,2016 — Owners of LG Electronics’ (LG) G4 smartphone in Canada can now upgrade to the Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow OS. LG G4 owners will begin receiving their M upgrade starting today.

The latest update to the Android operating system offers a number of features designed to enhance the user experience, such as:

• Permissions have been simplified with greater control of the information applications can access, not only at the installation stage but any time

• Silent feature for sound and vibrate mode as well as a Do Not Disturb mode to block all sounds or only alarms and notifications

• Doze Mode which shuts down background processing of certain apps when the phone is not in use, to significantly prolong battery life

“At LG we are committed to providing the best mobile experience for our customers,” said Ross Snow, vice-president of Mobile Communications, LG Electronics Canada. “By working closely with Google on a global level we are able to enhance the LG G4’s best-in-class experience even further through Android 6.0 OS.”

The LG G4 smartphone is available in Canada through Bell, Fido, Koodo, MTS, Rogers, Sasktel, TELUS, Videotron, Virgin Mobile and WIND mobile.

sonix
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 16, 2016, 11:14:34 AM via App

android 6.0 kogda budet Lg G3

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 16, 2016, 11:32:09 AM via Website

Congrats, @Kurtis do share few screenshots over here once you update your device ! :) My experience with Marshmallow is real bad, after upgrading to Marshmallow I have noticed huge difference in battery back it's not as good when compared with Lollipop, also sometimes my phone over heats. Even Motorola has tweeted and asked G3 Indian users not to upgrade to Marshmallow 6.0 as they are working on fixing those bugs ! But the best part about Marshmallow was Permission :D

Let us hope Motorola comes out with Bug Fix update soon :$

Looking forward to hear from you. :)

Leonard Morrissette
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 18, 2016, 3:33:12 AM via Website

I AM GETTING MANY LIES FROM BOOST MOBILE TELLING ME MY LG G3 DOESNT GET AN OTA UPDATE FOR MARSHMALLOW. LG SAYS THEY DO. NOW BOOST SAYS GOOGLE SENDS OTA 6.0 TO THE LG G3 UPDATE. WHOS LYING. HELP ME. TIRED OF LIES. WHO PUSHES OTA ON MY LS990/

Leonard Morrissette
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 18, 2016, 3:33:35 AM via Website

I AM GETTING MANY LIES FROM BOOST MOBILE TELLING ME MY LG G3 DOESNT GET AN OTA UPDATE FOR MARSHMALLOW. LG SAYS THEY DO. NOW BOOST SAYS GOOGLE SENDS OTA 6.0 TO THE LG G3 UPDATE. WHOS LYING. HELP ME. TIRED OF LIES. WHO PUSHES OTA ON MY LS990/