Deleted Whatsapp Group, how do I recover?

• Replies:9
Demha Blaize
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 9, 2016, 3:50:09 PM via Website

I just deleted a Whatsapp Group with 4 friends, because I got mad. The group had a lot of messages, pictures, and we were really attached to it. Is there any way to retrieve or join it back? We want to continue on the same group since it contains a lot of history of us together.

CSI Church kondasunkedulajackparloVinceee

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Feb 9, 2016, 6:02:43 PM via Website

A whatsapp group can't be deleted permanently. If the owner of a group deletes the group then WhatsApp randomly assigns the ownership of the group to another group member So just ask you friends to add you back

Or uninstall and then reinstall whatsapp after that restore the previous data.

Ready To Help You.

alex claire
  • Forum posts: 30

Mar 7, 2016, 7:12:45 AM via Website

For your information, data recovery for android app could be the first choice. Good luck.

aaronbaker
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 5, 2016, 4:52:44 AM via Website

Actually, WhatsApp supports to make a backup and restrieve. If you have baced up before, you can restore WhatsApp data by reinstalling the app. If not, you may need expert program for help. Better google RecoveryAndroid. (I don't know what phone you're using).
Have a try then, GOOD LUCK!

PakRayon
  • Forum posts: 48

Aug 1, 2017, 11:41:41 AM via Website

As it has been mentioned, backups are important. However, if you have backups both in local storage and Google Drive, then make sure you know how to disconnect WhatsApp backup from Google Drive when you need to restore from local backup.
Further more, if you don't have any backup, it is also possible recover deleted WhatsApp messages Android without backup.

Vinceee

Iftikhar Hussain
  • Forum posts: 18

Aug 1, 2017, 1:32:53 PM via Website

if you are the admin then it is permanently delete otherwise you can recover it by using search and recover option

Ruby Mariah
  • Forum posts: 53

Aug 1, 2017, 4:54:52 PM via Website

Demha Blaize

I just deleted a Whatsapp Group with 4 friends, because I got mad. The group had a lot of messages, pictures, and we were really attached to it. Is there any way to retrieve or join it back? We want to continue on the same group since it contains a lot of history of us together.

WhatsApp is a very good social media platform for group chats and make your friend circle more close. In WhatsApp if you delete a chat group by mistaken or intentionally you can get the chats back through your chat backup easily. But still you need permission of the admin of that group to add you back. So now if you just want you chat history back you should access your backup but if you want to join the group you have to contact the admin.

ElioHammer
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 28, 2018, 9:49:54 AM via Website

if you r using iPhone, maybe you can try to restore whatsapp group chat from iCloud or iTunes if you have backed up ever before.

Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Dec 25, 2019, 4:15:42 AM via Website

If your deleted WhatsApp Groups are in the most recent local backup, then you can recover them from the files easily,If not,i guess it's hard to retrieve.

tom Sam
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 22, 2021, 11:42:34 AM via Website

Maybe you can try a data recovery for android tool to scan and restore your whatsapp messages pictures and other data.
Solution: android-recovery-transfer.com/android-whatsapp-chat-history-recovery.html

— modified on Apr 22, 2021, 3:28:03 PM