Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — File Transfer .....

• Replies:7
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 16, 2016 10:11:37 PM via Website

I've been trying to figure out how to transfer files between my Note 3 and Note 4 using WiFi, but have not been successful, yet .....

I can transfer via Bluetooth, which is quite slow. Took a little over 20 minutes to transfer audio files around 250MB total size.

Please share your experience with transferring files between two Android devices via WiFi. I tried ES File Explorer, but can't get it to work.

• Forum posts: 12

Feb 17, 2016 1:40:29 AM via Website

I think, for Samsung Galaxy (or other phone) to Samsung Galaxy transfer, you can try Samsung smart switch, which supports audio, video, photo files and data like contacts, messages. Basically, you can say it applies WiFi. I've used smart switch for transferring files from HTC M8 to Samsung Note 5.

• Forum posts: 40

Feb 17, 2016 9:29:10 AM via Website

Just an idea, have you tried an FTP server? I had certain success with "FTP server" by a developer called The Olive Tree (sorry I can't paste links yet). It worked between cellphone to computer, but it should work the same way between two Android devices (you'll need to install the app in both). The interface is very easy to configure, it just gives you an ip number, you type it and boom...

• Forum posts: 2

Feb 17, 2016 8:31:09 PM via Website

The best option is to use Share it, u can download it from Play Store. For samsung devices you can use Wi Fi Direct which you can find in Wi fi settings. Wifi direct works well between samsung devices whereas shareit will work seamlessly with all devices and OSes, even with desktops.

• Forum posts: 251

May 22, 2016 8:35:04 PM via Website

Why is this done on the wifi? A simple transfer to computer via a USB cable is the simplest solution.

• Forum posts: 22

Aug 17, 2016 8:43:32 AM via Website

Transfer samsung galaxy data .You can use samsung kies ,but it usually did not work .
So you can use one android files manager to replace and transfer samsung phone data to computer .

• Forum posts: 11

Aug 17, 2016 11:34:23 AM via Website

You can try Samsung switch since both phones are Samsung. Also you can try other apps, like Apowersoft Phone Transfer, to help you solve the problem.