NextBit Robin Smartphone

• Replies:0
Alex
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 20, 2016, 9:43:23 PM via Website

Is anyone else using a NextBit Robin?

I helped kickstart it and got it maybe a month ago. Wondering how other users are feeling about it now that we’ve had some time with it.

I’m a fan of the physical design of the hardware. And the home screen/custom icons present really well. As a dev who tests on a lot of phones, colours display really, really nicely on the robin. Just look at the toolbar for Facebook Messenger. That blue is niiice. The Nexus 5x by comparison is a little washed out while the 6P feels oversaturated to me.

On a functional level, I think the Robin feels like a 1.0 – albeit a polished 1.0. There are no widgets and all your apps have to be stored on a home screen (unless I’m missing something).

I’ve also had some jank with the google bar at the top of the phone. And an odd problem where sometimes the phone doesn’t charge properly. I’ve been using a nexus 5x charger from work and sometimes it seems to do nothing, sometimes it charges quickly. Performance is good otherwise.

Unfortunately I’m not a user with a lot of content on their phone, so I haven’t been able to really test out the cloud storage. How is this going for people?