Web Whatsapp unable to download media (Chrome)

• Replies:5
Desmond Chau
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 21, 2016, 8:09:58 AM via Website

My phone is connected and able to download all the medias (pics,videos,audios) but my web whatsapp on chrome can't. I don't have storage issue on both of my devices. I have tried to use web whatsapp in Mozilla Firefox and it can download the medias! Why?

I have tried clear caches, cookies, and restarted Chrome many times! Please help!

Thanks,
Desmond

Timotheus von Däniken

Dec 5, 2018, 4:33:47 PM via Website

Same Issue.
Since few months i can't download any Image from Whatsapp Web in Chrome. It just fails without further information.
I even had the issue that i couldn't download any other file, since all downloaded files were directly removed in my downloads folder. Either by chorme or by any other software.. But couldn't figure out the source. So far it seems to work again, but the whatsapp issue still exists.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Dec 6, 2018, 12:13:57 AM via Website

The problem your having with WhatsApp is because of Facebook!
Facebook purchased WhatsApp to eliminate their competition. And since the purchase was completed they have been making WhatsApp malfunction so users will become frustrated and go back to using Facebook!
Someone else may response to your with a solution for you issue. But another one will probably crop up!
If you look through the post about WhatsApp on Android Pit you will see what I mean. There has been so many different types of problems with WhatsApp they are to many to count!
And in the near future I expect to hear a announcement that WhatsApp is going to be completely shut down!

spartan007

May 22, 2019, 4:49:37 PM via Website

Try disabling any Ad Blockers that you have.

Saad Chaaban

Saad Chaaban

Sep 15, 2019, 11:09:30 AM via Website

Thanks, man. It worked.

Rorschach91

May 25, 2020, 11:03:17 AM via Website

Is that possible a codec issue?
Google has massively implemented their newest codec, which causes a lot of for some devices/ Softwares that does not support it.