How to send message via facebook app without messenger (tips & tricks)

• Replies:2
তৌফিক চৌধুরী
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 21, 2016, 7:33:51 PM via Website

Hi, facebook has separated it's facebook and messenger app quite a few months ago. Facebook does not allow sending or receiving messages via the facebook app. But many android users don't want to install a separate messenger app for many reasons. I am going to show how messaging can be done via facebook official android app without messenger using the facebook's new link preview feature.

Requirement: Facebook for android version 72.x or above.

Open facebook app and post this link as a status: (I am giving the URL as image since I am a new user and can't post direct URL)

(You can set the post's privacy as only me).
Now go to your timeline, click the link you just posted, and the messaging system will open inside facebook app. Once tested, You can click "save Link" so you'll be able to find the link in "Saved" option.

— modified on Apr 21, 2016, 8:30:22 PM

Susan M
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 9, 2017, 4:53:26 AM via Website

Go on New Tab and copy past link
Best app for Facebook
Link : play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redfish.bestappforfacebook

Hafiz Tronics
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 9, 2017, 10:07:19 AM via Website

Use the web browser
While it tries very hard not to be helpful, the web version of Facebook is still a possible route for those who want to use the Facebook Messenger service without actually having the app installed. In truth though it’s far from a seamless experience as it does its level best to be disruptive enough to force you onto the app. If you’re determined to use it though you should open a browser on your phone and navigate to the Facebook website.
On the main page you’ll see the standard options across the top for your Timeline, Friends, Conversations, Notifications, and Search. Obviously the one we’re after is Conversations. Tapping this will immediately inform you that Messenger has moved and then open the Google Play Store at the Facebook Messenger page.