Samsung Galaxy S5 — Help! Marshmallow is killing me!

• Replies:3
Louis Nefos
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 26, 2016, 7:32:36 AM via Website

Ever since I allowed the upgrade to the Marshmallow O.S. in my Samsung Galaxy 5 to 6.0.1, I've discovered a couple things SO FAR (more to come?).

1st: While swiping, when I hit the clear (delete or back space to some) it's one letter at a time that clears while the previous version would erase the entire word with one press, was sweet.

2nd: I cannot move downloaded apps to the 64 Gb micro SD card I installed. The button had just disappeared. Now this is a huge problem cuz my phone only has 16 GB of internal space and most of that is filled with all the preloaded junk Galaxy installs.

HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME! LOL Really tho, if there's a way, I'd love to hear it. I'll even uninstall the Marshmallow O.S

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Apr 26, 2016, 9:20:30 AM via Website

Okay wait. Don't worry. Are you using the same keyboard app as before?

If so, check the keyboard app settings in Settings > language and input. There is usually a setting for these "single tap delete" type features (There is a gesture you can enable on Minuum keyboard to do that with a swipe -- just if you wanted another keyboard which would do the trick).

Second: what the hell? Marshmallow should have been better MicroSD integration. Can you transfer any files onto the sd card? Music and things?

John Martin
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 26, 2016, 1:20:41 PM via Website

Re: Marshmallow use of external SD card memory please read from the following link

"www.androidcentral.com/inside-marshmallow-adoptable-storage"

kioplo
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 6, 2017, 7:55:02 AM via Website

If really marshmallow causes problems then downgrade OS of your phone with following steps:

• Download the Galaxy S5 firmware for your particular model onto your
    PC. ...
  • Download Samsung drivers on your PC (if you don't already
    have them installed).
  • Download Odin v3.09 (on your PC). Charge your
    Galaxy S5 battery to 80%.
  • Enable USB Debugging in Settings >
    Developer Options.
    For further instructions check Samsung Galaxy S5 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-galaxy-s5-manual&po=356337&lang=English