Rooting Queries

• Replies:1
tushar katkar
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 28, 2016, 4:02:23 PM via Website

Hello Guys! I have some confusions regarding rooting and roms. I will be very thankful if someone answers them. Few questions that I have in mind are
1. Is there option available to backup stock rom without rooting device?
2. Is rom backup after rooting (without installing any other custom rom) 100% pure stock rom backup? and can this rom backup be used to unroot your device to original state to claim warranty?
3. Is it mandatory to install any custom rom after rooting or can device continue to work on your original rom?

Questions may seem pretty basic but I am new to this rooting and I couldn't find answers anywhere. Please do reply. I use Lenovo Tab S8-50 if it's of any help. Thanks in advance.

Sowri Rajan
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 29, 2016, 6:14:26 PM via Website

1. There are couple of free back up software that you can use such as Holo, G Cloud Back up, Super Back up etc
  2. TWRP/ClockwordMod gives you the option to back up your entire stock Rom before you go in for a new custom Rom
  3. Not necessary. If you are happy with what you have, you need not go in for custom Rom

Android gives you the advantage of trying out custom Roms. If you are not happy with one, you can always go back to your stock rom