whatsapp backup from ios to android?

• Replies:8
Michael Wies
  • Forum posts: 4

May 18, 2016, 1:36:43 PM via Website

Hello,

I found lots of manuals for transferring the whatsapp Backup from iOS to Android.
I doesn't work unfortunately.
I have used the program iPhoneBackupExtractor.

I hope that here are people existing who has done the tranfser successfully and can help me.

Which program should I use?
There are other ways existing?
Is it possible the backup File from iCloud to transfer at google drive so I can use the drive function in whatsapp to get my ios backup?

Thank you very much!

Alinabatool Khan

Alinabatool Khan
  • Forum posts: 35

May 18, 2016, 2:20:28 PM via Website

well i will try and then can tell u looks like there is still areas to cover

karensavana
  • Forum posts: 17

Oct 19, 2016, 4:58:13 AM via Website

To transfer whatsapp from iOS to Android is hard because they are the different platform. As for your thought, it may not work!

Serena Carter
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 7, 2016, 5:00:53 AM via Website

Yes, indeed. It's difficult to transfer data between two different platforms.
But I've tried this method and it work on me: 2 Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone.
Though I don't know whether it works for you as well, please feel free to give it a shot.

— modified on Dec 8, 2016, 4:42:42 AM

TRACYHAWK

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 19

Apr 25, 2017, 8:08:38 AM via Website

It's not feasible to move app date from iOS to Android from iCloud backup, because in Android, the WhatsApp backup the chat in internal storage or google drive, and cannot connect to iCloud to extract whatsapp backup file.
You may try this convenient way to transfer WhatsApp backup from iOS to Android in the tutorial with detailed steps. It helps to save your time.

susangreen
  • Forum posts: 16

Nov 14, 2018, 8:03:52 AM via Website

This is a good idea, I agree with you.

CCarol
  • Forum posts: 18

Nov 14, 2018, 10:58:44 AM via Website

Unfortunately, you can't. I'm afraid you have to lose your WhatsApp data unless you export them to pc.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 14, 2018, 12:50:33 PM via Website

Trying to transfer IOS files to a Android is like trying to turn lead into gold!
They are two completely different types of software, running on different types of hardware!
In my opinion it can't be done!
I wouldn't even attempt it!

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Apr 2, 2019, 9:28:00 AM via Website

No, iPhoneBackupExtractor can't transfer app data from one device to another one, if you want transfer whatsapp data from iOS to Android, you need ask for one tool especially designed for social app restoration-Eelphone Restore Social APP, you can free download to have a try.