Google play services issue self resolved

• Replies:0
JMW ngu
  • Forum posts: 2

May 21, 2016, 5:19:13 AM via Website

I started using my nexus 5 again and after updating to v 5.1 I found that I had authentication problems with my google accounts registered on that phone so I logged back into my main gmail account and found that I am able to download from the playstore but could not update google play music or go to my pictures without needing to update google play services. Every time I am redirected to the page to update it I am asked to sign in and when I hit the button it reloads the same error message. I cannot log out to see if i can reset it and when I tried to follow the directions here I am brought back to the heart of my problem - I still need to be able to log in. (Posted on the google play services page asking for help)

Searching sites looking for answers i came upon a suggestion. One post i came across suggested that I remove my account and restart the phone so i thought to try it. I figured it was a good idea to clear up all the unnecessary accounts - with long since forgotten passwords first. Once the accounts were removed everything was back to normal and i did not have to remove my main account off my phone.