Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge — How Can I Transfer SMS History From iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge?

• Replies:8
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

May 31, 2016 10:17:16 AM via Website

I'm a new convert to the Android system having been an Apple man since time began.
I haven't left Apple and still own and use two Apple phones, but the S7 Edge is streets ahead of the iPhone 6 Plus and I like to have the best and latest mobile at my fingertips.

How can I transfer the text history from my iPhone 6 Plus to my Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge?

Presuming the S6 Edge Forum is similar to the S7 Edge (No S7 Edge Forum found)

I have tried the following without success:

SmartSwitch: Transferred contacts and calendar data, but not SMS.
Copy My Data: Transferred all photos but SMS transfer not an option.

Tried to transfer the Text History file from the iPhone to the S7 Edge whereby the file type was changed to .db but that didn't work either.

Is there a tried and tested way of achieving the transfer?

Thanks in advance.

• Forum posts: 3

Jun 30, 2016 1:14:52 PM via Website

Having issues in transferring across SMS and MMS to S7 using SmartSwitch. Everything else transferred without problem....but the messages has been left on 0% for over 10 hours now. I even left it over night and still no joy.

• Forum posts: 25

Jul 5, 2016 8:16:39 AM via Website

Smart Switch may not work for iPhone so your idea is not available!

• Forum posts: 22

Jul 6, 2016 5:29:12 AM via Website

It is a good idea

• Forum posts: 24

Jul 14, 2016 6:14:20 AM via Website

Well, I have ever tried to transfer text messages from iPhone 5 to my new Samsung S7 with phone data transfer software from Jihosoft, which can quickly transfer contacts, text Messages, call Logs, calendar, photos, videos, music and apps between Android and iOS devices.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge

• Forum posts: 18

Jul 21, 2016 11:15:49 AM via Website

It's a nice thought transferring message from your iPhone to a Samsung. And it is indeed doable, though some may not think so. All you do is download the SMS, tranform them into iPhone format and upload them. Yes, seems a little complicated. But, you can also use tools, which will save you a lot of time.

— modified on Jul 21, 2016 11:25:34 AM

• Forum posts: 16

Jul 21, 2016 12:36:06 PM via Website

Great conversation, it really helped me to transfer data from iphone to android.

• Forum posts: 1

Aug 15, 2016 10:05:03 AM via Website

Not support made in korea