Samsung Galaxy S6 — Software update

• Replies:3
Diana Hodgson Tighe
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 2, 2016, 4:35:33 PM via Website

Has anyone had any problems with their phone draining the battery really fast after installing the newest android software update for Samsung S6 through Verizon? Me and my husband are both having the same issue now... I had to charge my phone before bed last night because it was almost dead and my alert went off at 4 am this morning to tell me I had only 15% battery life left. Not even being used throughout the night it drained that quickly. I used to be able to go a full 24 hours without charging my phone...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Diana

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jun 2, 2016, 7:28:13 PM via Website

Diana Hodgson Tighe

Has anyone had any problems with their phone draining the battery really fast after installing the newest android software update for Samsung S6 through Verizon? Me and my husband are both having the same issue now... I had to charge my phone before bed last night because it was almost dead and my alert went off at 4 am this morning to tell me I had only 15% battery life left. Not even being used throughout the night it drained that quickly. I used to be able to go a full 24 hours without charging my phone...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Diana

That seems to be a problem with the Samsung S7 too, the battery drain fast after a software update that addresses screen sensitivity. But there is a difference, the battery drain with Samsung S7 occurs only if the device is turned on. Your device drains overnight when the device is not in use/turned on. If you have installed no new apps since the software update or have nothing has changed in the phone, then the cause of the battery drain likely originate from the software update. No specific solution I know of as of now except to perform a reset or wait for a new software update to address the issue.

Diana Hodgson Tighe

Diana Hodgson Tighe
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 4, 2016, 1:22:15 AM via Website

I went to our local Verizon store & he told me to update all my apps & then reboot. That seemed to have helped because I haven't had anymore problems since!

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jun 4, 2016, 2:47:29 AM via Website

Diana Hodgson Tighe

I went to our local Verizon store & he told me to update all my apps & then reboot. That seemed to have helped because I haven't had anymore problems since!

Good to know it is fine now :)