Parcing from xml or mysql (your recomendation)

• Replies:4
said
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 9, 2016, 11:10:07 PM via Website

Hi programmer,
I would like to do quiz application for android. i need you suggestions to do proper appl.
Let me generally explain what I would like to do:

• first page will be school subjects like biology physic and so on
• after will be quizzes packages
• and after selecting one of then it will start checking knowledge by showing question and 4 answers
generally it will be so.
My question is what is recommended to use parsing all data from xml or MYSQL DB from server OR add data to local SD card?
What is secure?
thanks in advance

Vladimir S.
  • Forum posts: 266

Jun 10, 2016, 7:58:41 AM via Website

Hi Said,

In my opinion, the best way to store your app's data locally is SQLite - native android database.
In this case your app will work without internet connection.
But if you will need to update quiz pack often then storing data at server and parsing it from xml string by string at each question will the best. Or you can implement synchronization between app and server: if there is a new version of quiz pack at server, the app will automatically load it.

said

Jun 10, 2016, 9:50:11 AM via Website

thank you for detailed answer.
but i worry about steeling datas from local db.
is it possible to secure it?

my other question is is it possible update only packages only not WHOLE app.and add in to local machine. Update with out push button warning?

Vladimir S.
  • Forum posts: 266

Jun 10, 2016, 10:11:09 AM via Website

is it possible to secure it?

You can use cipher/decipher methods and store obscured strings in local db.

my other question is is it possible update only packages only not WHOLE app.and add in to local machine. Update with out push button warning?

Yes, it is possible for the app to download new package from server without user's action.
But if the security is your main goal, then the best way is to store data on server which will transfer ciphered strings to your app for each quiz question separately. In this case nobody will get a whole database.

said

Jun 10, 2016, 10:53:22 AM via Website

Dobriy den Vladimir
kak ya ponyal vo razbirayetes v etom
ya xotel zakazat appl dlya shkolnikov poka vremennno istolzovat lokalniy sql db potom uje pereyti no server
ya zotel Vam napisat pismo no site ne razreshil. Yesli vi zainteresovani v etom pojaluysta svyajites po meilu
sbabanli@yahoo.com
Zaranee blagodaren