My phone will not receive notifications or texts

• Replies:9
EricL156
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 27, 2016, 12:33:28 AM via Website

All of a sudden my phone is having a problem receiving notifications, as they will never show up on the lock screen. Going into an app like facebook, instagram, snapchat etc, I will not even see these notifications unless I manually refresh the feed inside the app. I have checked in each app's settings, and they are set to actively receive notifications. I have also checked the phone settings and it is as well. For some reason, emails are the only thing that will be received and be on the lockscreen.

Another issue that started at the exact same time is that the phone can not get any text messages, including both sms and mms. Unlike the other apps, however, when I go into the messaging app, even if i refresh the feed, these messages do not show up.

If anybody has an idea of what happened please let me know. Thanks

the phone is called Elephone P9000 on android 6.0

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jun 27, 2016, 3:39:55 AM via Website

Eric Lauterbach

All of a sudden my phone is having a problem receiving notifications, as they will never show up on the lock screen. Going into an app like facebook, instagram, snapchat etc, I will not even see these notifications unless I manually refresh the feed inside the app. I have checked in each app's settings, and they are set to actively receive notifications. I have also checked the phone settings and it is as well. For some reason, emails are the only thing that will be received and be on the lockscreen.

Another issue that started at the exact same time is that the phone can not get any text messages, including both sms and mms. Unlike the other apps, however, when I go into the messaging app, even if i refresh the feed, these messages do not show up.

If anybody has an idea of what happened please let me know. Thanks

the phone is called Elephone P9000 on android 6.0

"they will never show up on the lock screen"

From Settings, check to see if "Content on Lock Screen" is not "Do not show notifications"

"the phone can not get any text messages"

From Settings, check to ensure the "Message Centre" phone number is correct.

Actual steps to get to "Content on Lock Screen" and "Message Centre" may vary between phones, I don't use the Elephone phone.

EricL156

Jun 27, 2016, 4:49:36 AM via Website

Both of those settings are set correctly, but as for the locks teen I should have been more clear; incoming messages or whatever simply do not come in, meaning they don't appear in the lockscreen nor the drop down notifications area. The problem seems lie with the apps not being actively searching, however I'm not sure about the text messages. Any ideas?

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jun 27, 2016, 7:12:31 AM via Website

Check your notifications in Settings, you can enable/disable notifications for each individual app, it could have been disabled.

Rebecca Misch
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 13, 2016, 1:02:31 PM via Website

Did you ever solve this? Mine has done this since I bought it, although I can get text messages, but the notifications for other apps just don't load unless I go into the app itself and refresh it, it is so annoying!

EricL156

Aug 15, 2016, 8:22:38 AM via Website

I haven't found any solution to the problem, although I realized that for me, the problem most likely has to do with the phone just having a shitty connection.

Matthew Jewell
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 20, 2016, 5:25:29 PM via Website

Im having the same problem...can receive txt only phone is unlocked, called EE and they did a sim refresh which hasnt solved the issue so definitely phone related ....shame its a good phone otherwise!

Mihaela Dogaru

Aug 22, 2016, 10:31:28 PM via Website

I have the same problem. My facebook notifications do not appear unless i open and refresh the app. same with the facebook messenger, i had a samsung before and it was fine si it s not a network but a phone thing. all notifications are activated in settings but they won't work :(

Matthew Jewell

Aug 24, 2016, 1:25:19 PM via Website

In the settings there is an option for background task clear, if you add all your 3 paty apps to the list they should work...or better still disable completely

Mihaela Dogaru

Mihaela Dogaru

Sep 21, 2016, 7:25:46 PM via Website

thank you (*)
i think this has worked!
wow i've had this phone for 2 monts and it was driving me crazy!!! :D