Anybody know of root for Samsung J3 (SM-J320FN)??

• Replies:2
John Smith
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 10, 2016, 2:09:25 AM via Website

Hi all.
I recently purchased a Samsung J3 sm j320fn. I can't seem to find a root anywhere for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

killer13666
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 10, 2016, 4:57:56 AM via Website

I would give Towelroot a shot. If you go to towelroot.com on your device and click the lamda icon, it'll download an apk file. Once it is downloaded, install the app. Android will warn you that the app attempts to bypass security and will ask you if you're sure you want to install the app, just continue with the installation (Make sure you have "allow install third party apps" enabled). Once installed, click the “make it ra1n” button. If all goes well, your device will be rooted. Just to make sure, you can download one of the numerous root checker apps on the play store to check if the process was successful. I hope this helps.

P.S. I may be wrong, but if the app reboots your phone automatically, I believe I remember seeing somewhere that it means the rooting process failed. But take this statement with a grain of salt, because I don't remember with a 100% certainty.

John Smith

John Smith
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 10, 2016, 9:54:45 AM via Website

Thanks guys but I've already tried both of those and other auto root options.The problem is that my phone model doesn't seem to be supported. I don't think any Android running 5.1.1 is supported for any one click root.
I was hoping a dev or somebody who has succeeded with this could be so kind to guide me step by step on a manual root and .....if such an option exists. I'm running 5.1.1 and think I need a modified kernel.
I'm new to android and not all that savy yet. I'm reading as much as I can.